I am very grateful to my docs.....

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 7. Dec 2014, 06:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
.....for being efficient, on the ball and not taking chances with me. Well, most of the time I am.

But, right now, I'm brassed off with them as Doc R rang to say that despite my heroic efforts with the meat and liver, my haemoglobin levels are exactly where they were and, yes, I do need the endoscopy although he does agree with me that the RA and meds are almost certainly the cause. And, just to rub it in, I still can't have iron tabs as they could skew the results.

So, the endoscopy is on 15th , on 22nd we go to Scotland to spend a week on a sofa bed with a very energetic 8 yr old (You know what I mean) and, if this drags on as it did last time into a colonoscopy and barium enema, no way will I get travel insurance for our annual visit to the other son and grandson.

I must now ring the hospital to ask if they can please sort out a mouthpiece for the endoscopy given my jaw-opening problems as, last time, I was not happy to have to bite on a sawn off bit of tube for the duration so's he could feed the camera through it.

I am peeved :mrgreen: Better stay out of my way today.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm not surprised you are. I was only thinking myself that sometimes we seem to have to go all around the houses despite the fact that we are hobbling in the first place. I add some GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRs on your behalf. :x I bet you are peeved and I'm sorry your efforts with the liver didn't work - nothing like not making a difference despite going above and beyond the call of duty.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Oh Sticky I'm so sorry to hear that. I just hope you only need the endoscopy, though that's unpleasant enough and that nothing gets in the way of holiday plans.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Blast. :(((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, Sticky. I hope your holiday isn't affected at all.

Meg
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Blinking hell,he'd better not upset me I'm very cross for you. (((()))) Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this, Sticky - I can well understand you feeling more than a bit peeved. I really hope the endoscopy will be the only investigation you need it's bad enough without more to follow.

Holiday insurance is becoming a nightmare, but I hope everything turns out well for you.

Tezz x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Borrocks!!!!! Sticky that is not the news I was hoping to hear no wonder you are brassed off, keeping fingers crossed that the endoscopy is the only procedure that you need ((((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Double borrocks actually, Marie. I've been trying to get through to the number given for if you need assistance of any kind. (I want a proper mouthpiece please!) They've finally got back to me.

It turns out that date isn't for the endoscopy but just for a preliminary consultation. So the thing will drag on, possibly over Christmas and the chances of booking our usual, post-Christmas cheap flights are receding.

In the interim, I think I shall go about inventing the iron-fortified Chenin Blanc.

(LV, I love your analogy of having "to go all around the houses despite the fact that we are hobbling in the first place". )
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Sticky, it's the worst time of year for anything like this as things seem to go on hold for two weeks for Christmas and New year. Really hope the appointment comes through quickly.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Have your holiday! Is there a medical reason why you can't go if you follow advice whilst you are away?

Really sorry to hear that you have this test coming up especially after everything you have tried.

Make sure you let us know when you have this. We can all do pocket duties for you.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    GraceB wrote:
    Have your holiday! Is there a medical reason why you can't go if you follow advice whilst you are away?

Medical/financial :lol: The cause of my anaemia is, as yet, not determined therefore they'll not insure me for anything that can be connected with it ie most things. I know because I've been here before and it's just not worth the risk. USA is a very expensive place to be ill.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh Sticky, what a crummy thing to happen so close to Christmas and to your holiday. I mean, it's crummy anyway but when plans are interfered with, it's no fun. :( Fingers crossed that this is something that can be resolved.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh SW..it never rains..I do hope they can get it done and all is well for your holiday...hoping it doesn't effect your insurance..I know how you look forward to going...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hello Sticky
    i hope it can be sorted so you can do both you need some thing nice after the endoscopy i know.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Bloomin heck sticky what a palaver! I understand why your peeved, having to wait especially this side of Christmas and having a trip to think about. Hope you can get it all sorted out.