Well, that's sorted one Christmas present

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
edited 2. Dec 2014, 07:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
I asked Mr SW to chop my leeks (That's not a euphemism) into 1/2 slices.

:o:o:o

He's getting a tape measure for Christmas.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• stickywicket
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry, that should have read 1/2 inch slices.

Better get myself a tape measure while I'm at it :oops:
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    If he's anything like Mr DD then you have chunks around 2" thick, yes? :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm saying nothing, I was once in an unfortunate relationship with a strange beast of a 'man' who used to belittle me for not chopping vegetables neatly enough, among other things. Consequently I still take great pleasure in 'rustic' veg chopping, and deliberately cutting the nose of cheese whenever I get the chance - another of my heathen crimes :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    My hubby always chops the leeks - he grows them, looks after them, and clearly doesn't trust me to chop them. Likewise onions.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I love it.. :lol::lol: don't get me started .. :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Saves you racking your brains what to buy him :wink: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    If he's anything like Mr DD then you have chunks around 2" thick, yes? :roll: DD

Got it in one, DD.

Mind you, I think I'd rather have that in a bloke than LV's former aesthete. I fthere's anything worse than a finicky woman it's a finicky man. I reckon you had a lucky escape there, LV.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Trouble is a chap's view of 1.5 inches is always going to be slightly different to a female's view... :roll: Sorry gentleman but this is well known fact.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I always start with the nose of the cheese because I cannot cut the full length. of the wedge - I care not if it offends those who can.

For what it's worth I think that larger chunks of veg taste better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I have a tape measure Sticky that I was given for my birthday, it greatly amuses me (I am easily amused) because it retracts into and out of a snail shell and has antennae on the end of the tape. If you get him one of those he will happily use it!

I don't hold my finger out whilst drinking from a cup either (another rule) - I use mugs and clench them in both hands because that way I might not drop them. He was beyond finicky and had airs and graces well above himself - he looked and smelled like a door mat most of the time. I quite literally had a very lucky escape courtesy of my scariest friend whilst I was memorably holding a cake one friday afternoon when he finally tipped over whatever edge he was at. Weirdly, at about the same time that day, on the other side of the world a big strapping Aussie was booking a plane ticket to the UK. He arrived five months later, I told a friend after meeting him that the aussie was too shy for the likes of me. That friend laughed and said I'd marry him and we were engaged a fortnight later...the rest is history.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I was brought up to believe that sticking a little finger out when drinking from a cup was affectation at its worst. Like you, LV, I now need two hands and no apologies.

My younger son was once publicly upbraided for cutting the nose off the stilton. (He still does it :wink: )

I have to confess that the leeks, in last night's Leek, Carrot & Potato Pie, were the best ever. Maybe I'll leave the tape measure for another occasion :wink:
    Steven Wright