Who dunnit?

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 2. Dec 2014, 15:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
When I came back from the hospital at lunch I found one dog pleased as punch to see me, one dog who has a naturally high sense of guilt (deservedly so normally) looking sheepish and guilty, and no cat anywhere. She normally at least makes an appearance to check on availability of food or opportunities to go stalking the neighbour's dog.

In the middle of the rug lay a loaf of bread. The bag had a hole in it, several slices were missing and several of the remaining slices had holes in the middle. I think the cat with her devil may care attitude and hiding (she is still upstairs ignoring me) may have the burden of responsibility for getting bread off the worktop and into the lounge and holing the bag and remaining slicers. I think happy to see me dog is entirely innocent and knows things were occuring that were naughty and I think guilty dog may have eaten a few slices because they were available. I base this on the fact that if guilty dog was wholey responsible she would surely have eaten the lot. Mr LV is in love with the devil may care cat and therefore cannot accept she may have been naughty...who dunnit?
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Colonel Mustard in the library with the knife!!

I think I'd put my money on the cat. If it had been one of our dogs - now in the kennel in the sky - there'd be no bread left at all. Perhaps even no paper in the case of the Springer!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Cat methinks, I only ever had one dog and if there was any food stealing no brainer it was her she used to go upstairs and hide as well xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Yup, my money's on the cat. Dogs kind of know when they've overstepped the boundaries. Cats don't understand boundaries.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Sorry pusscat I have the feeling you could have been the instigator behind this. However the rule in the UK is innocent until proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Have you got any paw marks or fur as evidence?

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    'Twas the cat but I suspect you share part of the blame for leaving said loaf within reach. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    The bread was quite high up - another reason it couldn't have been a dog and perhaps it is time to invest in a breadbin and hope the devil may care cat can't open them. She seems to have a sore eye today - maybe it is gluten poisoning.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I think you are correct LV.

Cat knocked it down attacked the bag and contents and guilty dog felt the need to join in.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Lardy sprouts should sort out her eye :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I caught her pawing the dog's christmas advent calendar (I didn't source it) - I think we know who dunnit - lardy sprout eye squint the cat. I'll give her something to squint about if she carries on.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    oh LV you do have a way of making us laugh... :lol::lol:naughty pussycat...is it the naughty step... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara