something for mig et al...

Options
daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 2. Dec 2014, 15:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was flicking through a paper the other day when an ad caught my eye - or rather the 'headline'....
"Tight shorts and big tackles" - so I read on and thought perhaps I should share some of it.
'Then there are the teams themselves. An incredible display of strength, skill, speed and bravery by enormous men in tight shorts with thighs so gigantic they can barely sit down, let alone cross their legs.
Because unlike football, rugby is most definitely a man's game. You won't see players collapsing in a heap, rolling around like dying swans the second they're merely tapped by the opposition.'

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That's got my Tuesday off to a dreamy start! :wink: Thank you, Daffy, that is much appreciated and I wholeheartedly agree. Footy players are immature twerps - today proved again by Bario Mallotelli.

I think I have this right: Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen. Dunno who said it tho. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Daffy, I'm not sure I will concentrate for th rest of the day now...not sure what paper you read but thank you for sharing.

I got ever so annoyed at the weekend when I went to the football and they were all writhing around on the floor for the slightest reason (imagine if they had arthritis :lol: ) - this days after a cricketer suffered a fatal injury and these highly paid and highly strung fools can't get a grip even for one match and not make such a drama out of nothing.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I much prefer football but agree with your comments. They can be such drama queens.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Is it me or is it warm in here :wink: Thanks, daffy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    You go to the hairdressers to have your xmas cut and tight shorts and big tackles are mentioned .I understand there is (if you google it,not that i have done )a site showing rugby players thighs :oops: Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Like Elizabeth, I prefer football, but agree that the footballers are such fragile fellows that a puff of wind would blow them over. I never troubled to learn the rules of rugby, though hubby and both sons played it and love it, union that is.

I was very partial to the tight shorts worn by the tennis men before baggy ones became fashionable.

Phew, sweating now!!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Phew!!!!!!!!!! just seen this, I think the pred is is acting up Ooooooft cold shower for me : rugby for me any day xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    daffy what are you doing to us ladies... :oops: :oops: not embarrassed just hot... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara