Round and round the drugs menu like a teddy bear

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 7. Dec 2014, 08:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
That injection site rash I posted about a few weeks ago - it wasn't an infection and the next one was even more spectacular and ITCHY :x .

In a bid to keep me on the Enbrel which was quickly doing some good, I was switched on to the vials which was a faff but which may have meant I could stay on the stuff. The vials mean you have to mix it up yourself and because of this they do not contain the preservatives which I may have been allergic to. I learned how to do them yesterday at the hospital. A faff but doable and worth it.

This morning, you guessed it, I have another injection site rash slowly growing and getting hotter and itchier. My amazing, wonderful and brilliant nurse who should be knighted or given a sainthood for her dedication to my cause has just called after I left my message reporting the rash. I'm going to have to switch onto something else because it is the Enbrel, it isn't the preservative. This will take a few weeks probably and who knows if the next choice from the menu will work as well or as quickly.

So for now it's just one step, two step and scratch the big red itchy patch all over there. :( Oh for a forum which allowed swearing right now.
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hear you LV and i must say your language is making me blush ! :oops:

I hope they can get something sorted soon .(((()))) Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    mig wrote:
    I hear you LV and i must say your language is making me blush ! :oops:

If you believe that you'll believe anything :roll:

I am sorry, LV. Any chance of sticking with it until after Christmas? (Though I guess you mightn't want to.)

Oh borrocks again!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Oh LV, that is such a shame - I'd be using colourful language too. That is really rotten luck, and I fervently hope they can find an effective med for you quickly.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Thank you all. I think they are bothered that the reaction is escalating so I can't continue - that was my suggestion last week when I was awaiting the vials. I'm struggling a bit this afternoon, back to the land of what if the next one does the same, what if it doesn't work etc. I know this is a pointless exercise but it still happens. Maybe I should concentrate on the repetitive use of borrocks and flying ducks which must end soon as the girls will be home - I'm working at home alone and I think that was a good thing as it means I got to make Mig blush (as if I could) without expanding their vocabularly inappropriately.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh LV, poor love! Not a good early Crimbo pressie. If it's any consolation, my second anti TNF suited me much better than the first. Here's to hoping that it's the same for you. x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Oh LV, I'm so sorry to hear that. Life is so unfair and you so don't deserve this. Fingers crossed they can get you onto an alternative soon and that this time all goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    So sorry top hear this LV, I will have everything crossed that they can sort something out for you...its sods law that it was working well..let us know how you get on...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    What a shame. I hope you have better luck with the next drug option.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh bother and hades of the sanguinous kind. :( These meds can be double-edged as you have found out. They are still relatively new but at least your intolerance to this one has shown up nice and early - and in such a visible (albeit painful) way. When I was enbrelling I had the vials which you mixed together, the powder and the sterile water, bit of shaking, check for lumps, needle faff and squirt but my intolerance to it was hidden. I guess you'll now have a period of not much so that the Enbrel clears your system - just when you need an extra boost of summat it won't be there. Sanguinous Hades indeed. :( ((( ))) x DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh LV it's horrible when you think you've found something that helps then it throws up a side effect from hell! And your back having to pick and mix meds to find another good suitor. I've had a med that caused mega itchy side effect and it was a nightmare I had to go to the G.P's and it was so embarrassing when the receptionist carted me off to a side room because I was itching like crazy and someone had gone and said to the receptionist what if she has measles so was evicted from the waiting area. Hope a new med can be found soon and the itching dies down quickly.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello LV, we're a few days on now - how are things going? I am thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben