Amazon delivery dates

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
edited 7. Dec 2014, 10:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
Around 7.45pm last evening I ordered my son and daughter-in-law's Christmas presents from Amazon (UK). Being a tight Yorkie, I always aim for their free postage.

It said delivery would be 18th-24th December. I couldn't quite believe this, even at Christmas, as they're usually very quick. We leave to spend Christmas with said son and dil around 22nd. which made it very dodgy timing. I wondered if it was a ploy to get me either to pay for delivery or go to a collection point. Anyway, I let my head rule my heart and stuck with free delivery.

At 10.15pm Amazon sent me an update email. They would now manage to deliver by 9th December. That does sound more like it, doesn't it? This morning another email said the packages had now been dispatched.

My advice is BEWARE and, if at all possible, call their bluff.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Amazon have been pretty good delivering my parcels in a very short space of time - personally I would give them the H@H contract!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    This happened to me recently when I made a saturday night order (i am such fun). The parcel arrived on Monday - I wonder if their late night/ later evening response is to give a panic message because there is nobody in to give an accurate one? I quite like playing chicken with amazon delivery dates - only let me down once!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Never believe anything one reads on the interweb. :wink: I haven't had cause to go to Amazon since last week - when I do I'll bear this in mind. DD

d050.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,470
    Options
    I reckon they're covering their backs in-case they do fail to get something to someone in time for Christmas

t07020.gif

Father Christmas of course always delivers on time :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I use Amazon for most things as I know they deliver fast. I used them last year for Christmas Presents and they even delivered parcels on a Sunday!! They are reliable if you use there Super Saver free delivery as they aim to get your stuff delivered within 24hrs. Only ever had problems with the other companies who work with Amazon.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    It's arrived - well ahead of the stuff I ordered from them last week :?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I ordered some stuff yesterday - it was dispatched on the same day so should arrive soon - maybe tomorrow? DD a080.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    They usually put longer dates on just to cover themselves and parcels usually arrive 2-3 days after place my order. Its not very helpful I know.

However my last parcel was due Monday but didn't arrive until Wednesday which I put down to the sheer volume of orders at this time of year.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mr DD ordered something which was due to be delivered on Dec. 3rd. It's not here as yet. DD

a099.gif
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    My recent amazon orders have all arrived with no problems but sometimes things can be a little slower if they are being sold by a third party rather than Amazon itself. My daughter was checking their Prime last times for delivery options today and that was 23rd December.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich