PHYSIOTHERAPIST APPOINTMENT TUESDAY

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 9. Dec 2014, 16:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just thought I would mention I have a physio appointment tomorrow......I know its no biggy :wink:
The consultant is trying to get on top of the pain caused by the fracture and has now decided that a chat with Krysten {physio} is in order......apart from anything else he had just started a course of acupuncture before that last THR and had to stop it.
I had said do you want me to make a date to restart it in 6 to 8 weeks time? No you'll not need it after your THR :lol: Optimist :shock:
The acupuncture was really for my scoliosis and was helping {temporary basis} but every little helps.
So we'll have to see if he wants to continue the acupuncture for my back or if he has any other suggestions for my pelvic bone that is hurting so much
Love
Hileena

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope your chap can help - I know you have faith in him and he may be able to come up with another suggestion or two. You appear to react well to acupuncture so let's hope that that can be resumed, even if it only temporarily eases a small aspect of what is going on; as you say, every little helps. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you, Hileena and he can help with your pain.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hileena I hope it goes well for you,I know you get on with the physio and trust him..so hopefully he can help you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Good luck for the physio appointment, Hileena. Hope it goes well.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow Hileena hope all goes well xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hope it goes well, you're a day ahead of me as I see my physio on Wednesday. Hope you get the acupuncture again as it was helpful before.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hello Hileena,

All the best for this appointment – and I'm happy to perform pocket duties if required. I'm a bit useless at the moment, but I shall bring the famous choccie bics, to dunk in piping hot tea :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for your support and sorry I've not been on sooner
    Its been a manic sort of a day. :roll:

Zumba this morning.....left the house at 10am to get there.
    This was the last one of the year so we went to a Bistro afterwards for lunch :wink:

Got home about 3.30pm Peter was just about to go out to get some shopping in so I turned around and was out again :lol:

Got home and there were 3 boxes of Avon waiting to be sorted etc
    I'm only getting on the computer now. :roll:

It makes such a difference if you have faith in someone doesn't it.?
    He is good and the acupuncture did help the last time.
    I don't know if he'll do it this time or not......The consultant send him a message asking him to see me again so it remains to be seen what happens.

Slosh....I'll be thinking of you on Wednesday :wink:

Phee.....how can you say you are useless ...think of all the tea and choccie biscuits you provide?? That's not useless in my book :lol:
    I wasn't actually asking for pocket duties as such but anyone that wants to come along will be more than welcome ....Thanks
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm busy wrapping cards and writing presents - ooooops! - :lol: so that will be my morning gone: I can, however, spare the odd thought or five for you so good luck and I hope he can resume the acupuncture (even if not for the trochanter). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I hope your appt well but Hileena, I came here to say...I am in awe of you. Zumba, eh?! With all you've been through physically, that is just so incredibly amazing. I am thinking of starting pilates but I am nervous but if Hileena can do zumba, then I can do pilates. :D
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    The zumba is a bit of a cheat really :lol:
    Its sitting but the top part of me.....body arms etc really go.
    My legs.....well I move them as much as I can that particular day but its all exercise :wink:
    My yoga is a bit the same......Most of it is done standing and doing stretches but the short time the rest use their yoga mats I sit and she adapts the exercises. Iwould never get up of the floor with 2 crutches :lol:
    I go to the gym once a week as well {referral by the GP}
    I don't do a lot......recumbent bike......arms and legs going at the same time and then on to the treadmill and then onto a semi recumbent bike and then stretches.
    I convince myself it must help :roll:
    I would love to try pilates but if I had to do anything that involved moving my feet {without crutches} I would fall on a heap on the floor :lol:
    Let us know how it goes
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry I'm just getting on to reply to this post :wink:

Saw Kristen.......we talked about acupuncture and one of the things he said was any treatment they do they have to weigh it against any risks.....if it had had long term benefits fair enough but since it only help for 5 days and then another lot at 7 days that wasn't worth any risk.....side effects....infection etc.
    I always assumed it was lack of funding.

He asked about the cortisone injection the consultant had given me. I told him it was working {8 weeks on} He then asked where the site of the injection was.....I showed him.....top of leg on the outside. He had the skeleton in the cubicle at the time :lol: pointing out bits and pieces to me and he cant understand how the injection in that site helped where the pain was??? But as he said its helping so that's the main thing.

He also said a lot of TENS machines have an acupuncture programme on them :? He said have a check when I get home because if it does it will help more than being used at the ordinary setting.
    If I cant find it, ring him tell him the make of the machine and he'll tell me if it has that function and where to find it :D
    Still haven't had a chance to look yet...that shows you how much I have been using it :lol:

We then talked about exercises........he said I've given you all the exercises I have for you over the years.
    Rather than think...I will do this exercise for my back {scoliosis} thren I will do this one for my Hip and this one for the fracture.
    Just keep going, do exercises....walking...even with crutches will be a big help and like I mentioned in a post before I go to thre gym once a week, yoga once a week and seated zumba once a week....When Peter goes out for a walk I throw my crutches in the back of the car and drive to the Metro Centre.......I then walk {no shopping} :wink: Try to walk fast, watch my posture, my grip on the crutches etc. Then eventually I end up in Starbucks......for maybe 30 to 40 mins. :oops: Reading and drinking coffee......so my walks there have now been justified :lol::lol::lol:
    I think that's about all....except I have to get in touch with him and let him know about the TENS, then ring him again and tell him about the next appointment with the consultant and am I having more injections?
    He said I'll tell the girls not to discharge you although there isn't anything more I can do.....but keep me up to date

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    So no acupuncture ( but a good explanation why) but that sounds like an information filled appointment and a good tip about the tens machine. It sounds as though he really does want to do his best for you and it's good that he is going to keep you on the caseload and wants you to keep in touch with him.

Enjoy your next coffee whenever it is
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    I'm quite happy with the appointment even if I'm not having the acupuncture.
    I'm glad he's keeping me on the books......he's right ...over all the years he has been seeing me I think I have got every exercise he has to offer :lol:
    Next Walk.......Tomorrow :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Phee.....how can you say you are useless ...think of all the tea and choccie biscuits you provide?? That's not useless in my book :lol:

Thanks, Hileena :)

It's just my old knee injury, giving me gyp :roll:

This sounds like a very full appointment, especially with the skeleton in with you too :lol:

I hope everything works out with the TENS machine and that you continue to enjoy your trips to the Metro Centre :)

Love,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Phee
    It did get a bit crowded in the cubicle with the skeleton :lol:
    Love
    Hileena