Atishoo atishoo we all fall down

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 14. Dec 2014, 08:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Or at least I do. The girls are now on day seven of a nasty virus. I'm on day seven of sleepless nights and calpol dosing. I was managing ok but I foolishly felt fine and took my meth on Thursday, within a few hours I was light headed and fainted (luckily at my parents house as my dad was helping me with the girls). I had a bath that night and carried on but was careful. It doesn't matter how careful or hygienic you are though when faced with a double barrel of toddler snotty sneezes and coughs. They are both still doing virusy fevers and are rather grumpy and I'm on penicillin thanks to a throat infection that made the doctor go 'urgh, that's a pus filled mess' - you know it's not good when the GP can't hold back their inner thoughts!
I've not heard back from the hospital about what happens next after Enbrel but it's immaterial for now because I shan't be doing my meth on Thursday! The dishwasher has broken too, a small thing but significant when there Re poorly girls as they take time and so does washing up. I'm hoping the engineer will either be able to repair it (unlikely it's about 100) or we will be able to replace it very quickly. It's all going to hell in a handcart at LV's - hopefully it will smooth out by christmas!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh LV, you poor soul - it never rains but what it pours! Thank goodness you had help when you fainted. Your throat sounds awful and you must be exhausted looking after the girls. Hope things begin to pick up soon. If my dishwasher broke I couldn't replace him!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    oh LV it never rains has they say...these viruses off children seem to be extra strong..every time my GD visits she passes something on...hope you can get some extra help with the girls and hopefully get some rest..or is that out of the question...((())) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    ((((())))) LV you are not having it very easy pet and of course it is this time of year when there are so many bugs going around and little ones are so susceptible to catching anything that is going on and then passing it on, I hope the up side is that you all will be germ free to enjoy a fabby Christmas. There is a company called ao.com which you can get a delivery next day I got a washing machine from them last year and the service was fabulous...........take care LV hope you all get better soon xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Oh LV, so sorry to hear that, you must be feeling shattered and worn down by it all. I hope everything gets resolved soon and that maybe Santa will deliver an enbril replacement for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    HUGS . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You poor thing, and your poorly little ones too, children are germ factories and magnets all rolled into one 'adorable' package and with having two of them . . . . . it can't be easy but such is life - it rarely is. I hope you all feel better soon, and the dishwasher is easily fixed, it's about time things went a little more smoothly especially for you, our lovely LV. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Sounds like it's been a rough few weeks. Try and take care of yourself - make the most of any and all help thrown your way!

Feel better.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    What do you get when you mix two toddlers with an immunosuppressed mummy. No, this isn't the start of a joke. :( I had wondered how things were as I hadn't seen your name pop up over recent days. I'm sorry to hear chez LignumVitae has been poorly.

Thinking of you and sending 'get well soon' vibes. x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hello
    Thank you all so much for your kindness. The antibiotics have nearly sorted out my throat, I'm still really tired from the virus and sleepless nights which are still a fixture. The girls are getting better but they have a horrible cough which keeps waking them at night and puts them off food and drink. Summer is desperate for comfort so last night I woke up with a horribly painful shoulder because she was asleep on it and she got very upset when I moved her. I felt guilty but it hurt too much to leave her there. I am so deeply exhausted and I just seem to hurt, things that were improving with the enbrel seem to be trying to sneak back in. I'm trying to pretend it's just my imagination but it isnt. I have heard nothing from the hospital so I think it's fair to call on Monday and leave a message asking if there has been progress on what happens next.

The dishwasher is officially dead. I have a policy for it because it is about 100 so I took out a policy figuring that it might be useful one day. I am awaiting the call to arrange a new one. I think we end up paying half but half is better than all, especially weeks before christmas and if the insurers do any of the organising of purchase and delivery it will have been more than worth taking out the policy because dishwasher shopping is not top of my wish list at the moment. Neither is washing dishes and there are a fair few to wash when you are trying to tempt invalid toddlers to eat or drink ANYTHING.
    Ho ho ho! :hoho: festive fun all this is not.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Oh LV, so much for you to deal with. Firstly, it is more than fair to contact the hospital and give them a gentle prod to see what's happening. If you've been poorly, then it stands to reason that sneaky arthur might be trying to rear its ugly head. I'm holding out hope that it may be a flare up that will flare down. Are steroids an option for you? I know they're not ideal but you have so much on your plate with two littlies and it's virus season too. My lovely, washing dishes will have to wait. Again, not an ideal scenario but maybe needs must?! If you're not too far from Hertfordshire.....I'd just like to say that, I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but I am a mean washer upper. :wink:

If we're allowed to make Christmas wishes for other people then for you, mine would be for some relaxation and good health in the LV family.

Be kind to yourself. x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Firstly I hope you get a new dishwasher sorted out soon as that is probably the most straightforward thing to sort out and then I hope that your two poorly ones are recovering now and that they haven't decided to be generous and share their germs. I would phone the hospital and put some pressure on, and perhaps a letter to Santa is in order.

Thinking of you and sending hugs (((())))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    LV, It can't be fun when your babies are poorly, you worry for them then that stresses you out and it's harder caring for one child when he/she is poorly let alone two! Bet you wish you had a clone to give love and support for both of them! I can totally understand your pain being worse because of you feeling unwell with a bug as well as caring for your unwell babies. And then your dishwasher decides to pack up at the most important time of year! I hope Santa manages to get an early Christmas present to you with a new dishwasher. I agree you should call the hospital to chase up some sort of pain medication for yourself, I call my consultants secretary if I need an extra appointment or need some extra meds. I hope everything comes together so you can enjoy Christmas.