CRUTCHES!!!!

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 12. Dec 2014, 14:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I've got myself another new pair of crutches.
These ones are purple......my other ones are pink
They are accessories when you have to use them all the time so why be boring :lol:

Love
Hileena

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Speaking like a woman after my own heart. Got my fairy lights ready to deck mine out with for the end of term next week.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Slosh
    I was just discussing lights with my husband a few minutes ago.
    I am not as organised as you.....just thinking about it ...not got them yet but I plan to :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Good on you all! :)
    Ruby
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oooooooh! You glamourpuss, you! :wink: I totally agree, if we have to use these things then make them as bling as possible. I wonder if that well-known brand of metal paint could be applied to brighten dull ones? DD wanders off to find a paintbrush . . . .
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    Your not thinking of blinging your crutches that are already fancy ones are you?
    Have you got some old NHS ones that you might practice on lOL
    You {if I remember} have 4 pairs of fancy ones......is that right.?
    :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi again
    I take it your lights {for your crutches} are coming out again this year :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Hileena...I am going to treat myself to some luminous pink if they do them..now the lights...what a brilliant talking point..and I do love a good chat :rudolph:
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Good for you......join the gang :xmas_smile:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Alas no, Hileena, mine are not that fancy: I have a deepish blue pair, an almost-lilac pair and black for funerals. My standard silvers (plus ice grippers) live in Beatrice (along with Hermione and the rolly) so I think I'm equipped. Mind you, a fancy pair of fuschia pinks may not go amiss . . . . :wink: DD

a303.gif
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    You are well equipped LOL
    The back of my car is pretty full as well :xmas_smile:
    I've got flexi-foot on my pink ones......they are like shock absorbers....take the pressure of your arms/wrists or whatever.
    They aren't really anti slip but they are good over any rough terrain.
    I've got flexi ice grips as well.....haven't had any need to try them......a bit comes of the original flexi and the ice one goes on with a cap to cover it when not needed.
    Love
    Hileena
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

This is excellent news!

I still haven't got my colourful crutches yet, but I'm saving up for a bespoke pair, possibly with butterfly design :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I love it! Accessorising crutches! I know I use my handbags as accessories but not my crutches! I might join in the decorating crutches, I might add some tinsel to mine :candycane: but lights? how do you power them if on crutches? I've just got my new holiday wheelchair and the OH is getting it ready for pimping it up with bling ready for the holiday in January. I do love how we think about making a horrible thing, having to use disability aids like crutches or wheelchairs and make it fun!! Has anyone got a mobility scooter and have they decorated? :xmas_lol:
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    i was in the chemist the other day i saw a stick with a light in the top of it.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I have some battery operated lights for mine
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hileena, I've read about the flexi-foot and must further investigate: the ice grippers have not been used as yet but I wonder if that is about to be changed? I am not sure about the latest forecast but, given our situation on the rear end of England, we could be in for a proper winter. I hope so! :wink:

Yup, all stick lights are battery-operated (just think of the length of mains lead that could be required!) with the unit sellotaped under the shaped handle: it couldn't be easier to work and does look good. DD

PS Only ten days left to the shortest day and then the world, like us, slowly turns around. :xmas_cheesygrin:
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I haven't got the battery lights yet but that's what I'm getting. Peter will probably get them when he is in town on Sat
    I've got a mobility scooter but its one that folds up and goes in the back of the car.
    Not sure what I could do with it that wouldn't come off when it was getting taken apart and put together again???
    I don't use it often.....My crutches are more important....they are used all the time :xmas_cheesygrin:
    Joan...A stick with a light on top of it.??? Being sold like that or was it someones stick?

Love
    Hileena
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Hileena
    they are for sale in the chemist the l..ds one
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Joan
    That's interesting.....never seen those.
    Oh well a stick is no good anymore for me
    Love
    Hileena