Storm warnings

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 12. Dec 2014, 05:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
At the moment I'm sat in front of a log fire waiting for the breakfast bell and wondering if this storm is going to hit and spoil our trip into Edinburgh ,no matter the hotel is lovely ,the food top class and the boys in kilts worth looking at.Home tomorrow .Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The weather is very severe in the north - I hope all our members in the affected areas are OK and have power. We had very gusty winds last night but all is currently calm. Have you had a good trip? DD

d055.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Once when we stayed up in Scotland over Christmas on our last night 16" fell and we had to be towed to the main rd :)
    What I will say is that they seem to be excellent at clearing the roads
    Hope all is well
    Love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    sounds lovely Mig. Just hoping all goes well weather wise.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I love Edinburgh - hope the weather doesn't spoil your trip. Have you visited the German market?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hope you can get to Edinburgh Mig..but good to know the hotel is really good ...now keep those eyes off the young men or hubby will be jealous :xmas_lol: ..you enjoy..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to stop myself using my crutch to lift the back of the kilt slowly to see if they are wearing underwear or not!! :xmas_lol:
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oooh, the shame of it Bubba!!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope you get to Edinburgh ok and the weather doesn't spoil things. And put those kilts down. :hoho:
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    What I will say is that they seem to be excellent at clearing the roads

Agreed, frog. Scotland are brilliant at clearing snow off the roads. It's when you get to the border it all goes difficult.

bubbadog wrote:
    I wouldn't be able to stop myself using my crutch to lift the back of the kilt slowly to see if they are wearing underwear or not!! :xmas_lol:

:shock: And, if a bloke suggested doing that to you :?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    :mrgreen: There was one young man about 6foot6 with legs like tree trunks and very fetching in his kilt ,it is part of the uniform for the young blokes at this time of year ,the manageress says he's very popular with the ladies and is the most photographed members of staff and sorry ladies i didn't take a picture :xmas_sad: .
    The weather was very wet and windy in Edinburgh but plenty of hostelries,the snow was mainly on the mountains and looked beautiful we had a sprinkling on the morning we were due to leave but it didn't last long,the journey home was very long and tiring (why doesn't it seem so bad going) now its washing piled up not snow (sorry bout the washer Sticky)and I've got to write cards wrap presents. Mig