Going blank

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 12. Dec 2014, 14:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
This morning at work I decided to warm up my wheat pack and while that was heating up make a cuppa. I do this most days.
Went into our kitchen area, and put wheatbag in microwave and got ready to make cuppa. I then stood there for about 30 seconds or so aware that something was wrong but not able to work out what it was. I decided to make my cuppa anyway and then stopped just as I was about to pour boiling hot water on my wheat bag! :xmas_lol:
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to my world, Slosh! :xmas_lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You're not alone. :xmas_cool: DD (who earlier this morning found the tea caddy in the fridge after making a 4am cuppa)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My brain has a stalled moment 1st thing in the morning! The usual one is forgetting to turn on the kettle and wonder why it's not boiling!! I usually say to my OH 'Oh damn the kettles broken' and he'll say 'let me take a look......It might help if you turn it on!!!' :xmas_eek:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    This is me permanently.. ! ! sent OH to take some chicken back it smelled awful..so off he went to M&*he unwrapped it only for the lady to say sorry this is from...Al*** :xmas_eek: keys left in the outside of the door..so don't you go worrying Slosh :xmas_lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Yep, we all have those moments! I confess I'm another one who expects the kettle to boil by magic.

I think we're all members of an exclusive club.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I've just wished someone a Happy 2014 :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. Mind you it wasn't too good when I had brain fog during a CP review this morning and couldn't remember the pupil's name!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich