Where is Sticky?

Options
theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 12. Dec 2014, 17:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just realised SW hasn't been around for three or four days.

Hope everything's OK, Sticky, and you're not poorly.

Tezz x

Comments

• applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't seen her either. Hope you're ok Sticky and just busy with Xmassy things.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm here! I'm here :presents: :presents: :presents: :presents:

Sorry to go awol and thanks to Tezz and Christine for missing me. My brother came up on Sunday for three days and we haven't met for ages so I was fully occupied in having sibling fun. After he left on Wednesday morning my washer conked so Wed and part of yesterday were taken up with (a)trying to get it fixed then (b)finding another. Plus we had a friend round for a meal last night.

However, I'm now back, albeit with all but a couple of Christmas presents still to wrap, most cards and letters still to write, the tree and decorations still in the loft and the knowledge that we leave for Christmas with our son in Scotland in just over a week.

I think the decorations and tree can stay in the loft this year. People are more important and, on that front, it's started brilliantly :xmas_lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's nice to have you back - I suspect many of us on here are busy with Christmassy matters (the forum often lulls around this time of the year). I am sorry about the washing machine, I think it is the most essential piece of kit in the kitchen. I hope you get on OK with the new one. DD

a110.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I'm glad you've been busy, Sticky, rather than ill. It would be lovely to catch up with your brother.

I still have presents to wrap, and we seem to be the only house here in our little street with no tree up yet, but it doesn't bother me. For some reason tradition has always dictated the tree goes up for my birthday on the 19th -Dad started that one a long time ago & it stuck, so time yet, & like you we are with family at Christmas.

Pity about the washer - I live in dread of cookers and washers breaking down. Funnily enough, not too bothered about the iron...................
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the washer Sticky :xmas_sad: hope you can get it fixed soon Id be at a loss without mine. Nice that you had a good time with the your brother.
    Hope you have a great time in Scotland with your brother over Christmas and that the weather up there is not too bad.
    Happy Christmas to you and Mr Sticky. :presents: :presents: :presents:
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Good to see you back and glad you've been having a good time. Well apart from the washer. Hope you get that sorted soon. It must have been lovely catching up with your brother.
    Christine