My Not-So-Handyman

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 13. Dec 2014, 05:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Never one to waste money, he opted to save £20 by unplumbing our defunct washing machine and plumbing in the new one. This afternoon he decided to embark on Stage 1 just as I was in the middle of making fish cakes in our small kitchen. Par for the course :roll:

A few minutes later a splash and an 'oops' indicated that the small container he'd placed under the waste pipe was, indeed, as I'd suggested, too small.

Next he removed various bits and proceeded to wash out an 'L-shaped' one with one end under the tap and the other pointed at his crotch. You'll never guess what happened next :xmas_idea:

Then he departed to the local DIY shop for bits I daren't ask about.

He's now back under the sink, cursing.

I just hope he's learnt something by the time the new one arrives on Tuesday.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh my word, this is Bloke-world writ large and no mistake. Is this a situation for Evil Santa? ? Oh why not - I know you have a good sense of humour! :xmas_evil: My Ma used to get very irritated with Pa because he would decide to decorate either the dining room or lounge in the week before Christmas - apparently the rest of the year was never a suitable time.

I hope he's sorted stuff now and that you have your kitchen back to 'normal'. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Oh dear, Sticky - it's a good job his trousers took the hit, and not your kitchen floor! That would have been an expensive attempt to save money!
  • theresak
    Options
    Oh dear, Sticky - it's a good job his trousers took the hit, and not your kitchen floor! That would have been an expensive attempt to save money!
  • theresak
    Options
    Ooops, seeing double - sorry!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    He cleared up all his mess, including drying the floor (Probably with the hand towel :roll: ) and pronounced it 'hopefully sorted' :? Hm, I think I'll allow him to wash up tonight. I'm not taking any responsibility for leaky pipes.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Think that's a wise decision Sticky, let us know how the washing up went.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Washing up OK but we have a drip under the sink - two once he goes in to fix it :wink:
    Steven Wright