hello

Options
lily
lily Member Posts: 160
edited 19. Dec 2014, 06:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
hello all

a wee update as ive not been on for a while

Operation that was due on the 11th November did not go ahead,they have found something wrong and Im awaiting an appointment with a cardologist...Even now a month later im still in shock...got a phone call on the 7th saying that my op may not go ahead but that they would phone me back to confirm one way or another after they had spoke to the anesthetist, got that call on the Monday 10th...He was not prepared to put me under as I had a 3 in 4 chance of something going wrong whilst I was put to sleep...

Still waiting to see the cardologist but, the hospital say that if all is fine I will have my op asap...

Hope all are well
Lily x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, that must have been a shock indeed, :( no wonder you are still feeling upset about it all. ((( ))) Here come some words of cold comfort: for what it's worth I have no doubt that the right decision was made, I know it prolongs your arthritic agony but the anaesthetist was obviously on the ball and I reckon they are more important in some respects than the surgeon: they have to maintain your life while they surgeon fiddles about with stuff.

Please let us know when you've seen the cardiologist and what he has to say - and I hope your op can go ahead in the near future. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Lily,

It must have been so disappointing that your op didn't go ahead, but it's good that the anaesthetist was 'on the ball.'

I hope you don't have to wait too long to see the cardiologist, and your op can go ahead.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello Lily. Dear me, what a shock you must have had. However, if they are still planning to go ahead eventually that is good news. How do you feel about it all?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Lilly..sorry you had some bad news ,but like the others say they are doing the right thing, maybe they will be able to proceed soon ..let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Tia1723
    Tia1723 Bots Posts: 43
    Options
    Oh honey, I feel for you, hun. It must be shocking for you, but I guess there is still a hope. I wish you sort out the things with your cardiologist and gets a green light for you op soon. Sending you hugs.

Love,Tia.