I love my Grandsons

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 13. Dec 2014, 11:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Talking to my daughter she told me that a few days ago my three year old grandson got out the hot wheels track, put three straight pieces together and then did the same thing again. He then stood up with one in each hand and started using them to walk and said he was"Granny"
Made me burst out laughing. :xmas_lol:
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, Slosh, that's very bittersweet. I think you have your own appliance-maker in the making :xmas_lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Bless him!They're so sweet at that age, and they don't miss a trick. I remember struggling upstairs at my younger son's house to see one of my grandsons standing on the landing, arms folded, saying ' Hmmm Gran, I can see why your house has a stairlift.'
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bless him - children go straight to the heart of the matter, don't they? I've lost count of the times I've been asked by a curious tiny one why I have sticks: whilst the parents go bright red and 'SHHHHHHHHH!' like mad I calmly explain that, because my legs don't work like theirs, I need some help. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I love the way they just accept that Granny has "sticks", and when they saw me with two they were really excited and shouted out "Wow! Granny has two sticks now", means they have one each to play with.
    When I was using a walking stick Tom used to wedge it across the living room doorway and limbo under it.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich