I'd only to ask

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 15. Dec 2014, 04:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
1. I discover he has altered the clock for the central heating to twice a day instead of all day. We had this argument last year. I pointed out then that, although he's the one who feels the cold, I need to be able to have heat if I'm cold during the day and he's out golfing. I can't access the clock, only the thermostat.

2. I go into the small conservatory to get some chicken from the freezer. (So where else do you put the freezer when the kitchen's too small and the garage inaccessible?) I can't get to the freezer. His polo neck shirt is hogging an entire, fully extended 3-way airer, one towel is dripping from the handles of my wheelchair and another from a small coffee table.

3. Negotiating these I find he has 'economised' by putting two chicken fillets in one bag separated by a coloured wire bin bag tie. My fingers hate these little monsters but I remove it, albeit with difficulty.

4. The top of the freezer is sporting a dish containing something evil-looking and the rubber gloves he used to clean the cooker. There is nowhere clean to decant his fillet on to and the thing shoots onto the floor. Either I cry or I shout. Shouting is so much more therapeutic :xmas_evil:

5. He doesn't know what the fuss is about. I'd only to ask. For everything. I point out I shouldn't need to ask. I actually live here too and have done for some time. I should be able to access stuff. He agrees. We kiss and make up. (Nice :xmas_lol: )

6. I go for the olive oil and find the top has been screwed on as if to protect it from any passing olive oil thieves. I present it to him, eyes rolling.

6. I get the concentrated lemon juice from the fridge. Ditto. “It wasn't tight” he explains. THAT JUST MAKES IT WORSE :xmas_evil:

We met in 1964. I had RA then. He has helped me change nappies, assisted me when various bits of me have been removed and others inserted and, almost daily, does up the odd button, zip or shoe without complaint. I love him to bits but, when newbies complain of friends and family 'not getting it', I do sometimes wonder how to, encouragingly, reply ?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ((((( ))))) xxx Oh my lovely, isn't life complicated? And why do we complicate it further with marriage? :roll: Oh I remember, it's something called love, which we define and demonstrate in very different ways to the male of the species. He does love you (we all know that) and you love him back (we all know that too) but there are times when . . . . DD

d070.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We wonder why we did it .
    Close your eyes and see the young,handsome ,virile man he used to be,then you know why we did it. :xmas_lol:
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Oh Sticky, your post did make me chuckle. I'm sure it's a familiar scenario to many of us, but where would we be without them? I think love and exasperation are often bedfellows.

Tezz x

PS I rarely get bottle tops screwed on too tight, as my hubby tends to forget to put tops back on properly, so I always pick the bottle up carefully in case top & bottom part company.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I think men do things automatically and the don't think at least the best bit is kissing and making up :xmas_smile: (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig..I love your answer... :xmas_lol:
    I cant say poor SW because I know you don't like to much sympathy..oops said it..but Mr SW is not a one off..honest... :xmas_evil: hope you can get that heating sorted in your favour..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    The best bit is definitely the kissing and making up. He was never clasaically good-looking, mig, (nor, incidentally, did he ever wear lycra) but he was always a very sexy kisser. I think I'll stick with him :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I think part of love is finding them so frustrating you could throttle them but being able to not throttle them because you quite like them. Mr LV is king of over-tightening things. He does it with the petrol cap though which has left me stranded at the petrol station a few times. Not being one to enjoy fluttering my lashes and asking for help I have driven off every time - after all, it means he gets to fill the car, cover his hands in diesel and then pay. :xmas_smile:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter