Things come in threes

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 16. Dec 2014, 11:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Last week was the week of things breaking - the whole LV household succombed to the virus that the girls cultivated (Mr LV possibly making more fuss than the girls are I combined), the dishwasher was 'written off' and yesterday, to end the week of things breaking, the washer went all pale and interesting. Actually, it went all flashy red lights (like this :xmas_evil: ) and then just felt it couldn't do anything beyond eventually unlock the door and let the washing out.

Things come in threes so this morning the dishwasher insurer people have told Mr LV that there is a £200 voucher on it's way to us to replace the dishwasher which is good news because we thought they would only pay out half of a new one but that will mean we can add a bit and get a really good new one. The god that is the washer engineer can fit us in tomorrow which is amazing and if he can mend the washer there and then like he miraculously always seems to manage to then that will be number two.

I'm deeply hopeful that number three will be me being mended - please let my nurse call me because she has an Enbrel replacement because I dearly need something to kill off the arthritis!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• LignumVitae
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin: :cheesygrin:
    And the winner is...Humira! Hopefully it will arrive in the next fortnight. I'm so glad because I am struggling a bit and my mind had started doing it's worry thing where I think 'what if they have decided to just not give me anything' and other strange and paranoid thoughts caused by pain, arthritis and the incessant habit my hands have developed of dropping everything they are asked to pick up which neatly illustrate to myself and the rest of the world the downward slide things are taking :xmas_evil:
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi LV,

That sounds like a RESULT with your dishwasher! I hope your washer can be fixed when the engineer comes. However, more importantly, I hope the humira will fix YOU!! Or at least, improve things for you. I`'ve been on humira for over seven years now, and it made a huge difference to my quality of life. I really hope it does the same for you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    : strange and paranoid thoughts caused by pain

We all know the cause and effect - except when it's happening to us. I'm sooooooo pleased you will be getting humira and relatively quickly.

Good luck with the washer. Ours died completely. The new one arrives tomorrow.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I'm SO pleased for you LV and I really hope the humira works for you, you deserve it. Good news about the dishwasher and washing machine too.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck with the Humira LV, surely you're due a break! (((())))
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    For some on here humira has made all the difference: I sincerely hope you are included in that exclusive club! Good luck with it, my lovely, get a fridge thermometer fi you don't have one so you can check its storage, and take the pen out around 20 minutes before the skin perforation so the jollop warms through a little - this eases the sting. DD

g197.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you all, I am deeply hopeful that Humira will work and will not cause planets to evolve at the injection sites. I've decided that although it might not work I am steadfastly going to remain optimistic that it will and that I won't react to it because things are just declining at a rate of knots and I need something to work so humira is going to be my answer. 2015 is going to start well and move forward positively - with a new dishwasher and hopefully a mended washer! The irrational arthritis pain mind is now busy trying to worry about what if I am allergic to all anti-TNFs. I am busy trying to ignore it and stay with the optimistic view because you never know, maybe it will work and surely I shouldn't even consider the what if of a reaction until and if it happens.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    OK look into my eyes. Here is your new mantra - IT WILL WORK. End of :cheesygrin:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you Sticky, IT WILL WORK...and it's arriving on Thursday so I can start it on Saturday - what a way to start christmas week :candycane: I'd do it thursday but that is meth day!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Good luck with the Humira LV it WILL work and hopefully very quickly :xmas_smile: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Options
    Good luck with the Humira. I remember it fondly: it was my first biologic, many years ago and the first thing that ever made any kind of dent in my RA armour. I hope it proves the Christmas present you've been waiting for!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's a good idea to keep at least 24 hours between meth and humira (or vice versa). I stick to at least 48, sometimes 72. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben