Rekki

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 17. Dec 2014, 06:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Anyone tried Rekki?

I had my first session today, not sure if it will have any effect on my condition but I enjoyed it and definitely felt something.

The lady (who didnt know my condition fully) felt my problem areas by the power pushing her away from my body?

Just wondered if anyone had any results from it ? xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I used to have reiki sessions years ago and they were very relaxing but that was the only effect. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I think reiki is regarded as a pseudo-science and of no proven benefit. I guess I'd regard it as an expensive way of lying down :wink: but I hope I'm wrong.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    A well meaning friend once did some reikki on me. He said it left him with sore and aching hands from where my joints were bad. I was left with sore and aching joints from where my joints were bad. I think some things work for some people and not for others. I always find acupuncture helps to reduce muscle spasms caused by that long term flare in a joint but I know others who get no benefit. It's one of those, if it works for you then that's all you should focus on.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • lynnemarie1123
    lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
    Options
    I loved it and it was free Sticky x it's my friend that does it x

To be fair I'm willing to try anything xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It will help you to relax and that is important because pain ensures we live within an on-going state of tension. It cannot affect the root cause of your disease but it does engender a brief respite, and that is always welcome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    By all means try everything and I'm glad it helped. Anything that enables you to relax should help with pain albeit temporarily.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright