Eye-eye, Doc, appts galore!

Options
scattered
scattered Member Posts: 326
edited 18. Dec 2014, 01:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
So, like a good little patient, off I toddled to the opticians to get my eyes tested as the GP suggested at my last appointment. She wanted to rule out my needing a new prescription for my spectacles as that would be a lovely easy explanation for my slightly dodgy blurring of vision.

Thirty-five minutes, and the most thorough sight exam I've ever had, later the optician said he could find no reason for my wobbly vision and that he wants to refer me to Ophthalmology. I passed all his tests except one: the Amsler Grid. Apparently, when you look at the dot in the middle you should see all the squares and they should be in straight lines. Mine is missing the top right-hand corner and the lines double and triple.

"Could it all be connected?" I asked. He looked thoughtful and nodded slowly.

Wonderful. On the plus side, there are marginal changes to my glasses script, so no new glasses necessary. My neurology appointment has come through for January 15th, at a different hospital as the waiting list for my local is over three months long.

I've officially broken up for Christmas - hurrah!

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh scattered, what a blow. I am glad that you don't have to wait too long for your neuro appt though. Will be thinking of you. xx P.S. you must rest over the Christmas hols, tis not an option.

:presents:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, one step forward and more than one back - 'tis usually the way, yes? I am pleased the eye test was thorough - it's amazing how laissez-faire some opticians can be - and I hope the next appointment will solve this mystery.

I concur with Starburst: rest, rest and more rest is a good script for you. I hope you enjoy your Christmas break and that you enjoy the festive season. DD

b048.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    So, no answers as yet but at least this problem can be sorted. I hope you can relax a bit now that you've broken up. That might help in all sorts of ways. Take care, scattered.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Another one prescribing rest and I also add any big belly laughs or indulgences you can find over the break. No answer yet, it sounds like they are checking things thoroughly though (((((())))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Be kind to yourself over Christmas, scattered, and make the most of the break. Take care.

Meg