Exausted......

Options
kirst74
kirst74 Member Posts: 72
edited 18. Dec 2014, 13:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi, hope everyone is okay,

The constant fatigue is getting me down. Along with hyper sleeping or opposite on my day off. It is not a new thing and I thought I was coping with that. Along with the hand/knee/shoulder/hip/back pain etc Its just well like I said :xmas_cry: came home from work this morning and burst into tears. I think it is the fact too that the new thing which is that it hurts to write with my right hand after a few words... luckily the drift of my fingers has not got any worse. I am probably hormonal too which helps. It sounds so silly, but I am just having one of those days and it will pass. Sorry I am being so gloomy, as I generally feel pretty positive and more accepting than I was otherwise.

Kirstyxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think it true to say that the majority of people who post on here are not OK (the thread titles give that game away! :wink: ) which is why they post. Those who are old hands at arthritis know all too well how challenging the disease and the tiredness can be but, when it's all relatively new, it does come as a shock because you find yourself being challenged in very new ways. What we thought we knew about our lives is suddenly turned inside out and upside down - it ain't easy.

I am so used to being tired all the time that it's now the norm. I wish it was different but it isn't and I have learned over the years how to cope with things as best I can. Despite my many arthritic years I do get the odd bout of the glooms every now and again - sometimes it takes just too much effort to be cheerful for the rest of the world. you are absolutely right when you say it will pass, because it will, but it has to be endured first. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    It will pass, as you say, but, while it's here, it's better acknowledged and shared. It sounds as if the writing pain was just the straw that broke this camel's back. Maybe you held out until back from work and feeling you could relax a bit. I hope things are bit easier by the time you read this.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I know how you feel, and it's something that is very hard to describe to those who don't experience it, and very hard to get used to along with the "brain fog" that for me at least goes alongside it and can be very frustrating. I love my job but the payback is changing into my jim-jams and having a rest as soon as I get in and then doing as little as possible at the weekend to try and recharge. Sometimes it just takes one thing to "break the camel's back" and I agree that you probably held it together until you got home.
    I think it gets to all of us at times.
    I know it's easier said than done but try to relax and I hope you manage to have a restful few days over Christmas.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I've been lying low all day because of the brain aching fatigue I've been enduring along with angry but seasonally red Rudolph nose joints :rudolph: . I know tomorrow might be a better day but today has been hell. I read your post earlier and you cheered me up by reminding me that it will pass. I hope you have a better day tomorrow (((()))) you don't sound silly, just sore and tired. The writing issue is one of the many kicks arthritis likes to deliver when we are down. I have a similar typing one and it's so frustrating. As I say, you definitely aren't being silly. chin up, tomorrow is a sleep away.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I think the time after receiving a diagnosis of RA is a very steep learning curve, as well as a time of anxiety, so it`s not surprising that tears are never far away. From a personal point of view, while things like flares, joint pain etc. were explained, nobody said anything about the crushing fatigue that goes hand-in-hand with pain. I find that pain can be relieved, if only to a degree, but the constant fatigue is really hard. It`s a vicious circle - exhaustion when you go to bed, sleep disturbed because of pain, still exhausted when you get up.

We went to York yesterday evening for our grandsons` carol concert, and while it was lovely, I shall pay for it all day, and am tired out already. That`s just the way it is.
  • kirst74
    Options
    Thank you for your kind replies, that meant a lot :xmas_smile: A cumulation of things can just build up and it was good and reassuring to hear shared experience, it helps to hear that we aren't alone.

Today is shaping up to be an better day, remain tired etc, but I am off to face the world. To see whether prescription been written yet by GP (doubt it) and the dreaded post office, yes I have left the parcel sending to the last minute. Will have to fight through the frantic shoppers......have the rest of the day off and it will be a PJ time when I get back home.
    Hope everyone is having a okay day :xmas_smile:
    Kirstyxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    It's something that isn't spoken a lot about the fatigue, it's crushing and brings you down. Since having the anaemia on top of everything I just wanted to crawl under my quilt and sleep. But since I've been writing cards out and wrapping presents it's been knocking me sideways and draining me which made my pain more prominent. I know it's something we have to deal with and it makes the brain fog worse!! :xmas_eek:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Fatigue is a regular topic on here which isn't that surprising. It affects all of us to varying degrees and there's no doubt that this time of year makes it more of a problem. Roll on the very dull month called January! :cheesygrin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kirst74
    Options
    Hi all,

Yes this time of year is so busy and fast paced..... :xmas_lol:

Kirstyxx