Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Sharps bin rainbow query

LignumVitaeLignumVitae Posts: 1,972
edited 24. Dec 2014, 18:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got my Humira today and as requested they sent out a sharps bin as my last one was full. I use a purple topped one for the meth but they've sent me a purple one and a yellow one. Does Humira in a yellow topped bin? When I started the enbrel they told me that went in a purple topped bin so I'm a bit confused as to why I have the yellow topped bin because I thought anti-TNFs were cytotoxic ? Any advice gratefully received
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My humira sharps is yellow-topped and can only be used for the humira. If required I can put my humira pens in the purple-topped meth sharps but not vice versa. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresaktheresak Posts: 1,998
    My Sharps Bin for the humira is always a yellow one.
  • LignumVitaeLignumVitae Posts: 1,972
    Thank you both - you just prove how wonderful and helpful this forum is! I couldn't find an answer anywhere so I posted on here and in no time you are back with an answer :presents: to you both
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • toadytoady Posts: 981
    Out of interest (as this is solved), I always had one for each, until I was told there was a change because it had become cheaper to dispose of the cytotoxic bins - therefore it didn't matter if anti-tnf's went in the purple now. Anti-tnf's were always yellow; expense is the reason, in any case.

A minor point in case anyone ever needs to know is that I found out a while ago that my gp surgery and the pharmacy have yellow bins if needs be but not purple - my area, anyway.