Sharps bin rainbow query

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 24. Dec 2014, 18:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
I got my Humira today and as requested they sent out a sharps bin as my last one was full. I use a purple topped one for the meth but they've sent me a purple one and a yellow one. Does Humira in a yellow topped bin? When I started the enbrel they told me that went in a purple topped bin so I'm a bit confused as to why I have the yellow topped bin because I thought anti-TNFs were cytotoxic ? Any advice gratefully received
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    My humira sharps is yellow-topped and can only be used for the humira. If required I can put my humira pens in the purple-topped meth sharps but not vice versa. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    My Sharps Bin for the humira is always a yellow one.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Thank you both - you just prove how wonderful and helpful this forum is! I couldn't find an answer anywhere so I posted on here and in no time you are back with an answer :presents: to you both
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    Out of interest (as this is solved), I always had one for each, until I was told there was a change because it had become cheaper to dispose of the cytotoxic bins - therefore it didn't matter if anti-tnf's went in the purple now. Anti-tnf's were always yellow; expense is the reason, in any case.

A minor point in case anyone ever needs to know is that I found out a while ago that my gp surgery and the pharmacy have yellow bins if needs be but not purple - my area, anyway.