For my birthday today................

Options
theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 19. Dec 2014, 15:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
....................I was given the unwanted present of eight fat fingers and two wonky thumbs. Wouldn`t you just know it? I mean, I`ve been living with RA for years now, and I know it strikes at the most inconvenient moments - last year we went to Edinburgh for our wedding anniversary in January, and by the time we got there, on the train, my hands resembled boxing gloves, they were so swollen.I remember Nick had to cut my food up for me. :(

However, nothing shall spoil the day, as I have the most important gift of all, in my wonderful family, who are always there and never mind whatever state I`m in. I have been thoroughly lazy, my little grandsons were on the phone at 8 0` clock this morning, belting out Happy Birthday - while their mother was ticking them off in case Gran was asleep. Gran wasn`t, and it wouldn`t have mattered if I was!

Push off RA - you`re not beating me.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Tezz, isn't it just typical :xmas_mad: It sneaks in exactly when and where it's most unwanted :xmas_evil:

I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself despite RA's best efforts and, yes, grandchildren will always win out. (No chance of you sleeping through an enthusiastic rendering of Happy Birthday, anyway :xmas_smile:

Enjoy the rest of your birthday and keep resting. It's your day and you're entitled to it. :presents: :presents: :presents:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Many happy returns hope you have a great day. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    What a brilliant post tezz..wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY..and keep on fighting back... :presents: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Happy birthday Tezz hope you are having a lovely restful day and are being spoiled rotten xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles