Another tragedy in Glasgow

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 29. Dec 2014, 08:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just one year since a helicopter crashed into a busy pub in the centre of Glasgow, now there's been a bin lorry crashed into a hotel. But before that
it had careered out of control knocking over and killing several people and injuring many more.
Very sad, especially so soon to Christmas, I bet all those poor people were
out shopping for Christmas presents.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have been watching this on the news...its an awful tragedy..those poor people and there families ..my thoughts go out to them....
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    What an awful thing to happen and so many killed and injured.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It's so sad. Those poor families
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    So very sad - my heart goes out to the poor people affected by this.
  • rondetto
    Options
    They've just said on the news that three of the dead are from the same family. That is devastating.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Just seen it Ron, Dumbarton is ten minutes away from where I live it has knocked the stuffing out of me, a friend was on the big wheel in George square when it happened, she was so shaken up. A terrible tragedy my prayers and thoughts are with all the families it will make my time with my family more precious xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • rondetto
    Options
    Oh dear, so it's a case of there but for the grace of God for you then.
    Who knows what fate has in store, they say it was an elderly couple and their grandaughter. A terrible tragedy for everyone.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bearing in mind that none of us know the true circumstances of this accident my thoughts are with the (currently) surviving driver of the vehicle (who possibly had a heart attack?) and those in the cab with him: it must have happened so fast that none of them had time to react to try to avoid the ghastly outcome.

When your number is up it's up, end of. Maybe it's just as well that we have no idea when (or how) it will happen for us.

I send this angel d040.gif for those who died far too soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I didn't know the driver had anyone with him
    I did hear he had a heart attack and I don't know why but assumed he was dead as well.
    It's awful for those families of the people killed.

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I felt so sorry for the families of the people killed in the Bin Lorry accident, to lose someone so close to Christmas was awful. My heart goes out to them.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    My mam's family live in Glasgow so as soon as I heard the news, I contacted my cousins. Fortunately, none of the family were there at the time and they don't know anyone involved. One cousin's daughter and her friends had planned on going to the Clutha Bar the night the helicopter crashed but they changed their minds and went elsewhere, thank goodness. It is always so much worse at Christmas as it is a time to spend happy times with our families and friends. My thoughts are for those left behind. Haven't heard any news of the wagon driver. If he is ok, he must be devastated.
    Christine
  • rondetto
    Options
    No, it's gone very quiet about the driver of the lorry. I believe he is s till in hospital.
    Another terrible tragedy in Greece too as well as the airline that went down.