Cracking roast, Husband!

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Dec 2014, 07:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
And it was: my beloved slaved away this morning - I was allowed to help with some of the veg prep (and I did the clearing after) but the meal was pretty good. :xmas_smile: There was, however, a slight problem in that although the Brussels had been gently boiling since 4pm on Tuesday they were still a little underdone. :xmas_sad: :wink:

I have had a very pleasant day and I hope that all of you have had the same: that your families have been behaving, that pain is doing the decent thing and taking a back-seat and that tiredness levels are not too high.

My best wishes to each and every one. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it DD...my eldest son cooked ours it was lovely...now we will clear up...but a lovely day had by all...but tiredness has taken over ..but never mind we will sleep tonight :rudolph: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD and Barbara
    Glad you had a good day. For the first time in 37 years Peter hasn't cooked Christmas lunch :o
    We went to my sons for lunch. Paul, Anna and grand daughter and her mam and dad were there. The 2 of us and we picked Sarah up on the way to his house.
    We had a good day.......I did very little but am shattered now.
    It might be because I was up 5 times last night :shock:
    Hope you have all had a great day
    We are hosting the family party tomorrow.
    Love
    Hileena :xmas_cheesygrin:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,411
    Options
    Wonder what happened to the sprouts???

Probably not his fault DD. I hope you supplied him with plenty of wine to help him in his kitchen duties
    t0307.gif
    Barbara - how lovely your son cooked and you had such a great day. Hope you slept well :cheesygrin:

Hileena - that sounded like a lovely Christmas - I can imagine your granddaughter loved it. Good luck with the family meal hosting today :)

I cooked here, ably assisted by Charley. We were a small, but perfectly formed group of 8 and Lucy ate the LOT :)

Love

Toni xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed it. My husband doesn't like turkey so we had crab, prawns and smoked salmon with salad so all I had to do was boil the potatoes!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Toni
    Glad you had a good day and Lucy ate everything......great news.
    Slosh I'm a vegetarian.......no one else is so I eat mostly everything else except the turkey....Paul had bought a nut roast for me.

Love
    Hileena
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    Chop yer underdone sprouts up and fry with some chopped smokey bacon, heaven personified!!!!!! :xmas_cool: :xmas_cool:

Its a grin, honest!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My OH was the chef on Christmas day dinner & I the sous chef, I did the sprouts and sausage meat patties. We had Turkey Breasts with all the trimmings including my favourite roast parsnips!! And Lemon Meringue for pudding, lovely!! And I managed the lot!
    I'm so glad Lucy enjoyed her Christmas day dinner!