My Guilty Pleasure of Christmas.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Dec 2014, 12:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's only one but I love it - and love doing it. :cheesygrin: It's the unwrapping from foil and tearing off the best bits of cold turkey that weren't served at lunch. Very simple, very pleasing and VERY tasty!

Tonight he thrashed me at Trivial Pursuit (two nil to him) but I returned the 'compliment' twice-fold with Frustration and Connect Four. My Frustration game is one of the 1970's kind (and the Connect Four a tad more modern) but, seeing as how he was mostly dozing by then (oh dear, the boy was tired) I feel no guilt whatsoever. :cheesygrin: Get IN, Daisy!

He is now raiding the turkey carcass. I think not. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Poor Mr DD :xmas_eek:

Nothing left to raid :xmas_twisted:

Neither Lucy or I eat meat (she's back to normal) so my husband gets the lot to himself ;)

Yours however deserved to be so deprived if he thrashed you at trivial pursuit :?

My guilty pleasure is probably the quantities of cream I add to ma puddings :lol:
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Mine is having a small drop of Baileys in my coffee
    have a lovely time everyone
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    dachshund wrote:
    Mine is having a small drop of Baileys in my coffee
    have a lovely time everyone
    joan xx
    My Ex MIL does that every year Joan!
    She offers me one, but if I'm at hers I'll be driving :xmas_sad:
    Mind you I do have the baileys cake (from Ice*and???) ready for my bro's family to eat tonight when we all get together. :xmas_cheesygrin:
    xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    DD I bought my GC connect four for the second time the first was a few years ago..and the pieces got lost...they love it..
    My guilty pleasure after not having a drink fora couple of years was a baileys..I really enjoyed it and no tummy pain...Joan I have yet to try it in coffee...
    Toni ..yes lashings of cream.. :xmas_smile:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    loads of guilty pleasures at Christmas. I'm waiting for my Daughter so we can have coffee and ameretto but her train has been cancelled (maintenence not snow). Also she loves salted caramel so have bought her a jar as a pressie.
    Football, tins of sweets are another guilty pleasure for Boxing Day and the fire is alight first time this year!

We are just finishing off the turkey now in warm bread rolls DD.

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, a spoonful of cream in my hot chocolate, and no alarm to get me up in the morning!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Oh come on. Pecadillos all, surely. What I am most ashamed of is:

1. Failing to reply to an email on the evening of Christmas Day from someome I knew to be almost certainly alone and sad. I was tired. No excuse.

2. Prioritising alcohol over meth by not taking the latter on Christmas Day in order to have more of the former.

3. Taking my evening cocos and omep with wine rather then tea on one occasion.

4. Taking them with whiskey - diluted - tonight as I've started with a stinking cold ( thus proving the wisdom of not mething on Christmas Day? )

Definitely a case (or several) of Do As I Say Not As I Do.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, Sticky, that post doesn't sound quite like you - actually you sound very tired. I didn't meth on Christmas Day either - sometimes the meds have to take the back seat whilst we get on with living our lives to the best of our abilities - we follow their demands for the rest of the year so a break is no bad thing (especially as you now have a cold and I have a rancid toe so, with hindsight, we were two Wise Women :wink: ). Personally I've always found the cocos work better when swigged with alcohol but we're both sensible enough not to do that too often. Well, one of us is and it isn't me. :oops:

We cannot be there for everyone all the time, sometimes we have to put ourselves first and I am pleased you did. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and are not too tired after all the work it involves.

The turkey has all gone so my guilty pleasure has come to an end. It's tempting to roast another one. :D I hope you have all enjoyed your particular pleasures and are not paying too heavy a price for doing so. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My Guilty pleasures of Christmas are after eight mints, Jack & Coke of an evening, pringles (cream cheese & chive)!!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    My guilty pleasures are in abundant.....wooo hooo..........Oooooft................................had the best time of my life xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hey, good for you, Marie :D Apart from my No 1 I don't actually feel very guilty at all. I've had a ball, overdone everything and thoroughly enjoyed it. As long as we're all without regrets and moans about payback does it matter? No, it doesn't. Normal service will now be resumed.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I did try to feel guilty for too much imbibing but I have enjoyed myself and so I stick with the idea that guilt is a pointless emotion.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter