How times have changed !

Options
mamasmurf
mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
edited 28. Dec 2014, 12:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
I remember casually draping a scarf around my neck at the age of 16 to cover up a hickey ; now at 59 I do the same scarf draping to conceal psoriasis !
Wore legwarmers when it was "cool" to be seen in them ; now I just wear 2 pairs of socks and still feel cool !

Any others people can think of ?
mamasmurf

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hee when I see young ones with very little on in the cold..I think do they not feel the cold..but then I think back to the 60s..and me with very little on in the cold and knee high boots in the summer...good times..these days its anything to keep warm...
    Hope you are doing ok mamasmurf and if you celebrate Christmas that you have enjoyed it x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    underwear-I hardly bother with it nowadays. Its just another item to put on and take off!

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh yes, things have changed: summer was the time to peel off the winter layers and expose skin to sun to turn brown, now it's time to wrap up in delicate layer after delicate layer to stop meth rash.

I would LOVE to feel cold, it was 4 degrees here today and I went out in just jeans and a Tshirt - and still flaming melted. :xmas_evil: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben