We can choose between two hospitals in our area and I prefer one over the other. My GP sent me to see the Orthopaedic Consultant at a local clinic and he is connected to the hospital I usually don't choose to go to. So, I'm being seen by the physiotherapist at this hospital. If I don't get back in touch with the Consultant to try another steroid injection in the next two months he will discharge me. As I've had two injections, neither of which have worked, I don't see the point. I go back to see the physiotherapist at the end of next week and have had to wait two months to see her again since my initial appointment. They're very busy.
I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment. Had a bad night two nights ago with pain and was awake from about 3am. I've raised the dosage of the Nortriptyline, as my GP advised, to 50mg. Last night I slept better, but I'm still uncomfortable and in pain. As you may know, I'm to have a blood test next week to check out Polymalgia Rheumatica and my GP thinks I may have Fibromyalgia as well as the bursitis and OA.
When I see the GP again on 23 January I've decided I would like to see a Rheumatologist at the hospital I prefer. I've had this bursitis for a year now and, although the GP is good, I would just like to see a specialist who can give me an overall examination taking into account the bursitis, the OA and maybe the Fibromyalgia. Of course, I don't yet know what the blood tests will show.
So, firstly does this seem reasonable? Secondly, is it OK to ask to see somebody at another hospital, even though I won't be discharged from the Orthopaedic Consultant's care until the end of February. Not really sure how this works, so any advice would be appreciated.