New year resolutions

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 6. Jan 2015, 03:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
Can't think of any (I'm not perfect ) stopped smoking over 20years ago months can go by without a drink (honest ) . What are your resolutions going to be ? Mig

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cant drink anymore and have never smoked..but would like to get fitter so will do any exercise I can... :xmas_cheesygrin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Never smoked and have had to give up drinking due to the meds I'm on but apart from the usual try to loose some weight :) it's to stick with my physio regime, which is hard as if I do the lot it's 16 exercises 10 repeats, 3 times a day, to be more realistic with myself and what I can/can't do and to have a monthly massage.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`m resolving not to make any New Year resolutions.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I never make any but I shall try to get back to my exercises today as they took a nosedive over Christmas.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I never make resolutions either. I either do something or I don't. I'm always starting to exercise or eat less and more healthily but that happens all year round. It'll be happening again after the weekend.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    My New year resolution is not to make a New Year resolution :lol:
    Over all these years......I have made one after another and broken one after another.....so whats the point.

Love
    Hileena
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I thought about this and I'm not good at the idea of changing something like that - nor would I keep it for long or enjoy the feeling of failure. Instead I have decided to set myself little goals that I will try to achieve - the first being a biggy and to commence when I finish my latest book. I'm going to try and read War and Peace. I also plan on trying a new recipe every week - nothing too exotic but just see if I can't expand the repetoire a bit and venture forth. So far I've honey roasted a ham and made a new chocolate cake recipe that I kept out of dog and cat reach.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    War and Peace :shock: Well, that should take you through to summer at least :lol: Good luck, LV. I never made the full book.

Recipes? Yes, I did that once and it worked. (I also made a note of where they were.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    There was an article on this in the Guardi**n at the weekend by a psychologist. Summarised he said there were three resolutions worth makind.
    1, to meditate daily even if just for 5 minutes and yes he did mention "mindfulness "
    2, to give something up, not smoking or drinking, but something you do that takes time and energy but is not essential or which is unrewarding, he gave the example of trying to keep in contact with a friend who never returns your calls, he suggested if stuck to make a list of 10 things you feel you "have to do" in order of importance and then crossoff the bottom one or two, especially if they are the things you feel guilty about when they don't get done.
    3, to give yourself and those around you some slack and be gentler and more realistic in your expectations of yourself and others.

Seemed very sensible to me.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I only said I would TRY War and Peace...I guess the length of time it takes to read will be dependent on the number of sleepless nights I encounter along the way :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter