Parking ticket ... Double Yellows

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 9. Jan 2015, 08:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, Is it possible to get a parking ticket using a Blue Badge on double yellow lines.
I went to that never to be forgotten place called Rochdale town centre, think of the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon, The Acropolis, and double it, what a place to visit, ( sarcasm ).
Anyway, I spent 10 minutes in this stinking cesspit of a place, for the first time in 4 years and I only live 5 miles away, and got a parking ticket on double yellows.
It's going to be another 10 years until I visit again, and to cap it all, Iv'e just been informed that it was free parking on Saturdays, I thought the car parks were packed.
Happy New Year, Alanthemanc

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Alan..
    The only way they could give you a ticket is if you haven't put the time on your badge because you are only allowed a couple of hours or 3 not sure, and if there are yellow strikes on the curb..anything to catch you out really..what a rotten start to the new year for you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Barbara
    I took a photo of my time badge thingymibob and sent it off with my appeal, so I live in hope, but I'm still never going back there. I hate the place with a passion, although to be honest the majority of people there are good people. There is a stench of poverty in the air, pound shops by the dozen, and nothing really to go there for.
    I only went on an errand of mercy...... never again. Alanthemanc
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    If your time was on it and was right.......3 hours you are allowed...I don't see why your appeal shouldn't work.

I know we were on holiday {UK} one time and forgot to put the time on....we put the badge up.....but the places we go in N.E. most of them don't require a time....so we didn.t think about it.
    We had no come back there

Let us know what happens

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    We can't use Blue Badges where there's a ban on loading qnd unloading during the prohibited times or in other restricted areas such as local permit holder bays.

Both badge and timer , uat be clearly displayed with all imfo legible. I omce got done because the date had faded but they let me off in the end.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Sorry about the typos. Combination of touch keyboard and rubbish fingers :oops:
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Morning
    Yes it also has to be a safe place...not close to a crossing or lights etc

Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Morning
    Yes it also has to be a safe place...not close to a crossing or lights etc

Hileena

Yes or a dropped kerb, or causing an obstruction.

Fingers crossed for you Alan :roll:

Love

Toni xxx
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Options
    We got caught a few months ago , didn't realise there was a yellow stripe on the kerb itself which apparently means no parking EVER ! Could this be the same in your case ?
    mamasmurf
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good luck Alan do you know why they put the ticket on, does it not say..another place to watch are private bays we have one in a nearby town and it catches many out :xmas_mad:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is possible, Alan, especially if loading lines are present, or you are too close to a junction or causing an obstruction in any way. I was ticketed last year for parking in a loading bay, I mistook it for an ordinary thirty-minute one and paid the fine. Luckily I wasn't displaying my badge or I could have lost that - they do not apply in ordinary bays in my neck of the woods. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D/ Sticky
    Still no news a week on, I am not hopeful at all at this stage. Thirty quid it is then, and goodbye to sunny Rochdale for life, because once I get a Bee in my bonnet, I stick to it. Alanthemanc
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I suggest you hold your nerve and read the ticket carefully, Alan. I'm fairly sure you won't be charged the extra if you have got an appeal pending. At this time of year a week is nothing as England shuts down for two weeks. Why not try ringing the necessary department to check?
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I understood it was okay as long as you are not causing an obstruction. My OH parked on double yellows in Brighton once but I felt uneasy and guilty and it spoiled the day- no ticket but I won't let him park on double yellows again.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Double yellows are permissible for parking but always check for any general parking restrictions (displayed either on a pole or fastened to a wall) or loading lines on the kerb (a complete no-no). Single yellows are always permissible but again check for general restrictions.

When I broke the law the reason I was ticketed was given on the ticket itself. I couldn't argue about it - it was an error on my part but I've learned my lesson: I always check now and keep the booklet that came with my BB in the car for reference. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    D.D/ Sticky
    Still no news a week on, I am not hopeful at all at this stage. Thirty quid it is then, and goodbye to sunny Rochdale for life, because once I get a Bee in my bonnet, I stick to it. Alanthemanc

You're just like my youngest - she's like an elephant - never forgets!!
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Sticky / D.D. and fellow forum users.
    Seeing as my 14 days are running out, I rang them at lunchtime today, only to be told it could be 6 weeks, yes that's right, 6 weeks. Thank you Rochdale Council for a quick verdict. Will keep you informed Alanthemanc.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks for the update ....sorry they weren't more helpful

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It'll be worth the wait if they let you off, Alan. Fingers crossed.
    Steven Wright