Rant, beware!

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 5. Jan 2015, 14:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Its that time of the decade again, politicians setting out their policies which, they think we should determine our voting on, yet again they don't get it!

For me the 'it' is about the vote, it is ours not theirs to take and go off to parliament and then do what they wish to do with their own agenda, it is ours to give to someone that will take our vote to the government and see through our policies.

Every time they say they get 'it' we know full well they don't. Well this time I absolutely refuse to give my vote to the larger parties and let them ignore me at their peril.

There, I've had my say, bet they don't come to my door!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That time of the decade? Where were you four years ago then, Airwave :wink:

For my money anyone who has voted is entitled to complain about their MP, or government, breaking promises though I've no time for people who just moan that 'all MPs are the same'. (Really? George Osborne and Denis Skinner? Danny Alexander and Caroline Lucas? I think not.) And I reckon those who don't vote have forfeited the right to complain.

I don't think there is such a thing as 'our policies'. We each vote for whoever most closely represents them but they won't agree with us on everything. Where governments actually break election promises then, yes, they should be taken to task.

But beware the minor parties. They have the freedom to promise the earth, safe in the knowledge that they will never get enough MPs to actually have to make policies. This used to be the Lib-Dems role. It is currently in the hands of UKIP and the Greens but methinks the Lib-Dems will soon be back there with them.

I shall probably vote for our sitting MP. My sympathies are not naturally with his party but he's a very good, honest, hard-working, constituency man who answers emails and keeps his constituents informed about what he's done and is planning to do. You can't ask much more than that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    here here airwaves...you took the words out of my mouth...they are all saying what they will do if voted in...we have heard it all before...like you say they get in and off they go with there own agenda..they just haven't a clue how people struggle to pay the massive bills we have because of politicians..I could go on but better not... :xmas_evil:
    Love
    Barbara