Is it just me?

Options
angilee
angilee Member Posts: 102
edited 5. Jan 2015, 16:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas...and Happy New Year to all.

I have arthritis and impingement in both hips...have been doing well for a good while..but just recently..been having a lot of pain..in groin,lower back and down into the knee! I am imagining this, or does the cold weather make the pain worse??

Angilee

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cold weather aggravates OA pain so the past week or so here in my neck of the woods, despite having bright, sunny and cold days, have been more painful than usual. The nights made up for it though, clear skies, no streetlamps so I had a beautiful view of the stars whilst trying to sleep. :)

It's a well-recognised fact on here that cold weather, damp weather and humid weather trigger all forms of arthritis so no, it's not just you, we all feel it from time to time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh its not just you
    Damp and cold affect me......slightly different kinds of pain

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    This is a regular topic, angilee. I think some, especially with OA, find the cold does affect them. I'm OK as long as I wrap up well. My RA doesn't handle heat well, though :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • angilee
    angilee Member Posts: 102
    Options
    Hi again,

This is interesting! Although the pain levels have got slightly worse over the last couple of years..I have been lucky enough to continue with my walking/hiking...maybe I shouldn't do it, but the alternative is to sit and stiffen up. Yesterday, when it was only about 2 degrees outside, the pain was awful...I manage mainly with ibuprofen but feel I will soon need to go and see GP for something stronger.

Thank you so much for your input...you are all angels!

Angilee
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    You can check your arthritis pain on a weather forecast, it's really interesting; http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/index-wa/98256/arthritis-weather/2157670

I avoid outside exercise in the cold because I noticed a link between cold and my OA pain.

I'm glad you're seeing your GP. Assuming you can take paracetamol, alternating it with ibuprofen will give you some pain relief in the mean time.

Sorry you're struggling, it's a tough start to the year, hey?
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Thanks for posting the link, Starburst. Interesting and, there's a migraine forecast too.

Keep warm by bundling up Angilee, it helps a lot! Better to stay warm than to get cold and then warm up. I find that's much more painful. I've learned to ignore people looking at me in my extra clothes, hats and mitts. It's just too painful without all the extras.

Take care of yourself!
    Anna