Overheard in Homebase

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
edited 13. Jan 2015, 14:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Him: We don't need to spend money on those. It'd only take me 1/2 hr to make some.

Her: And two months to get round to it.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ooooh, only two months? :wink: Mr DD is a great one for saying similar things - his CD storage shelves have been at least ten months in the planning, we could have gone to B&Q or Ikea and bought what he is planning to build for probably half the cost. :roll: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    I would be happy with 2 months, if whatever he makes resembled it..not good at DIY is my OH :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,402
    Him: We don't need to spend money on those. It'd only take me 1/2 hr to make some.

Her: And two months to get round to it.

:xmas_lol:
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    If I need something doing, my hubby's usual response is : " I'll see to it." It then goes out of his head. They'll probably be his last four words.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    If I bothered to go shopping with the OH I would have said that was us having that conversation in homebase.

Glad I'm not the only one then....

I'm afraid that is the story of my life.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Oh yee women of little faith, Rome wasn't built in a day! These things take time, OH has been waiting 15 years for me to cover up the pipes in the lounge, sooooo patient! :mrgreen:
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Mr LV tends to have flurries of activity where he gets things done - wanders about the house with a drill or something and mutters a lot. When we are in B&Q he always ends up in the toolbox aisle. He has three but seems to lust after more so our conversation for overhearing tends to run along the lines of 'you have three, you don't need more',
    'but this one...'
    'but you don't another one'

I feel like I'm managing a small child in a sweet shop. I wouldn't mind if it was tools but its just the boxes he seems to like. :|
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,709
    Mine always decides to tackle some filthy job in our small kitchen just as I'm starting to prepare food. ("But you've been asking me to do it for ages." Precisely :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Mine tends to have flurries of activity too LV.We had 2 days of activity last week and the oven cleaning products were purchased in rediness for a third day but then it all ground to a halt.

He got a toolkit for Christmas to add to all the other things and a workbench is supposedly being delivered tomorrow!

I haven't forgiven him for putting dents in my 30 year old pine table with his scooter engine yet.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein