Joint pain

Options
jules5
jules5 Member Posts: 15
edited 11. Jan 2015, 17:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all I have just rejoined again after my computer broke down I manage to buy another .wonder if anyone can tell me if they get server pain in college bone that goes into the shoulder it's driving me insane. Painkillers no help but heat helps a little ,thank u ☺

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think we can get pain wherever there's a joint. I'd guess it's not in the collar bone itself but where it joins up with the shoulderblade and sternum. I've always found shoulder pain extremely annoying as it's a difficult joint to rest.

For a proper diagnosis, though, you need to ask your GP who might be able to prescribe some different pain relief to what you already take. It might also be a matter to raise with your rheumatologist (as I see, from another post, you have psoriatic arthritis.)

This thread is really all about discounts so I doubt many will see your post on it. For more replies you should start a new one. You'll see the option above the current threads. It's a little grey box. Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jules5
    Options
    I think we can get pain wherever there's a joint. I'd guess it's not in the collar bone itself but where it joins up with the shoulderblade and sternum. I've always found shoulder pain extremely annoying as it's a difficult joint to rest.

For a proper diagnosis, though, you need to ask your GP who might be able to prescribe some different pain relief to what you already take. It might also be a matter to raise with your rheumatologist (as I see, from another post, you have psoriatic arthritis.)

This thread is really all about discounts so I doubt many will see your post on it. For more replies you should start a new one. You'll see the option above the current threads. It's a little grey box. Good luck.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Moved the above posts from the Discount cards thread to this new thread. Sorry I missed spotting this earlier, Stickywicket :)

Mod B
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have pain all over the shop but not in my collar bones, well, not yet! I guess wherever there's a joint there's the chance of pain and discomfort. What kind of arthritis do you have, jules5? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello again :) I've just replied to your post on 'megrose''s thread. I think it's important that you are on some form of DMARD. Pain relief alone won't do much for PsA.

Mod B - no apology necessary :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello jules5
    I get shoulder pain but not in the collar bone..have you tried ice ..this works wounder on my shoulder but have to put heat on my neck, suppose its down to how much inflammation there is..hope you can get some relief soon.
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Jules,

I get a lot of shoulder pain, but it's not in the area of my collarbone. I find sitting with my arm supported by a pillow helps, likewise in bed, I use a pillow for support.
  • jules5
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello jules5
    I get shoulder pain but not in the collar bone..have you tried ice ..this works wounder on my shoulder but have to put heat on my neck, suppose its down to how much inflammation there is..hope you can get some relief soon.
    Hi Barbara thank u for ur welcome advice but my body just doesn't like anything cold ,art we all strange creatures, lol xx
  • jules5
    Options
    Hello again :) I've just replied to your post on 'megrose''s thread. I think it's important that you are on some form of DMARD. Pain relief alone won't do much for PsA.

Mod B - no apology necessary :D
    Thank you again I will speak to my doc .x
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    What type of medication are you on? If things are not well managed its usually time to try another medication or to add something into the mix. For some people the doctors get the right combination of medications first time for others it can take months or even years of trial and error. I hope you and your doctor can find something that helps you soon!