Taking it easy.

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 18. Jan 2015, 09:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm not sure why but I've been feeling a bit down. Sometimes it feels like everything is a battle. I know that's not true but it's how I feel. I am struggling through at work; still unsure as to whether I can actually afford to go part time. I've got another few weeks in my probation period, so I can't make that decision yet anyway.

I feel tired. My joints are giving me grief, lots of grief. I am working from home as much as possible but this makes me feel lonely and isolated. Yet, the drive to and from work just wipes me out.

I didn't mean to whine. What I meant to say was that I am exhausted in every possible way and I apologise if I am not around much. I'll try my best. I am always thinking of you.

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No need to apologise at all - you have a lot to think about. I can understand you missing the company of colleagues in an office, so choosing between company & a tiring journey must be like being between a rock and a hard place.

As for affording to go part-time, I hope things might be clearer for you at the end of your probationary period.

Tezz x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Starburst, life ain't easy, that's for sure. :( There is only so much we can do with a cheerful grin and a 'devil-may-care' attitude and then suddenly it all becomes too much. ((( ))) Grrrrrrrrrr. :x

All I can advise is this; don't lose sight of all you have achieved because it is immense; you studied and worked hard, earned a degree and then a full-time job. You demand a great deal from yourself so it's little wonder that you are feeling challenged; this is the worst bit of the natural year so hopefully things will improve soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Oh Starburst, like DD says you have achieved so much and not only is this a nasty time of year but you were ill over the holiday period and only had a short break, I can't help but wonder if part of the problem is that you haven't fully recovered from that illness. I know from other friends who have been ill that there are some nasty bugs around that take a long while to clear. Perhaps rather than struggling on you need to listen to your body, take some time off sick and give yourself a chance to build your strength up. Being on your probationary period must add to your stress level but remember everyone is ill sometimes and it's not a crime to go sick and can't be held against you.

If you're not well you can't do your best and the risk is you can end up making yourself worse. I remember once many years ago and in my "healthy" days struggling back to work too soon after a dose of flu and ending up with a bad case of bronchitis.

Take it easy and look after yourself.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    You may not be sure why you're feeling down, Sophie, but to the rest of us it's clear and only natural. Everything is a battle. You've battled so hard for so long that it's now normal for you but it's still a battle.

I quite get the drive to work wiping you out versus the loneliness of working from home. It's not like the rest of us being 'home alone' because we're not working so can take a break any time and call a friend.

You are amazingly supportive of the rest of us considering your own considerable struggles with disease and work. Don't dare apologise. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    You are all so kind. I had a little mini breakdown yesterday and shed a few tears. It was over something silly but these things always are.

I'm so glad it's the weekend. I'm tired but I have nice plans. I will rest too.

I can get through this, one step at a time. Thank you! x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sending some hugs (((()))) Mig
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope the weekend is a good one for you, with time to rest and laugh and maybe just smell the roses!

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Of course you can get through it, Sophie. You get through everything – but, alas, not without a struggle.

I hope the weekend is being kind to you. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Thinking of you, take care of yourself.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich