My first time

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 16. Jan 2015, 09:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have my first ever physio appointment tomorrow morning in fact I'm a physio virgin,after reading some posts on here i must admit I'm a tad nervous any pocket company will be appreciated. Mig

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm a bit rusty on my pocket duties but I'll be there!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I've had my fill of physio for one week, but I'm sure you'll be fine, it may seem like hard work but it's worth it in the end.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I will be in your pocket Mig, and must say I have always found the physios to be great to talk to has well has showing you the exercises..good luck hope it helps..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in mig, have just made some mars bar fudge need to keep up the stamina xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I had a physio appointment today and am still reaping its 'rewards' :wink: . Physiotherapy is a very useful part of our armoury for fighting the demands of our disease, and it requires a commitment from us to do the exercises between appointments, but it does help. I came home with a latex resistance band that smells of strawberry sweets so it's not all bad. :wink:

I have always had kind and helpful physios and I hope you find the same. I will be in your pocket for tomorrow, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Mig

I'll be there tomorrow

Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Good luck with this Mig. I've always been given sheets with pictures of little stick people drawn on them so I could remember what to do afterwards. Make sure you rest afterwards though and if you have any questions try to ensure these are answered.

Let us know how you get on.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hope it goes well for you, Mig. It was all very new to me, too, but the physio was lovely and I've found the exercises helpful. I got pages of little stick people, too!

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Don't be nervous. It's there to help.

For your sake I'll stay out of your pocket though as I'm on the Moviprep diet today :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope it all went well mig and you get some relief from it xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    A very nice young man called Danny was the physio today and after we went through past history and meds he asked if I had any traumas or accidents was in the middle of saying no when I remembered the fall down the last few stairs a while ago after examining me he thinks I irritated a disc which in turn is irritating a nerve so it's exercise heat treatment ( wheaty bag) and pain relief if after a couple of weeks and I think it's not improving go back and see him,he gave me a booklet with exercises in he's marked the ones for me to use.So a good app. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Oh good :D Well it sounds good. A nice young fellow, a diagnosis that makes sense and a three-pronged attack on the misbehaving bit. What's not to like :D

I hope it works, mig. (How easily we forget potentially significant stuff such as your fall. I've been known to forget I had cancer :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright