start Pregablin today

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 18. Jan 2015, 08:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi folks. After a really good rheumy appointment the other day I'm just at the chemist getting a script for Pregablin. It must be one of the only tablets I've yet to try lol.
They are to replace my naproxen as they've been a tad rubbish lol. Plus I Have little to no inflammation.
If I remember right my pal Mell has had them before. Wondered if anyone had advice etc. ?

Thanks in advance.
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Sorry, I've never had pregabalin - just posting to say I hope they do the trick for you.

Tezz x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks hun. X

I will start them tonight. I take one tablet twice a day for the first three days then onto two tablets twice a day. I have fingers painfully crossed lol.

I have been trying to figure out why I've been drowsy the past week or so.. I think it's because when I've been into the hydro pool I've removed my fentanyl patch, and then just put another one on afterwards. I should probably wait until the next time I SHOULD replace it. (Change every three days)... I reckon I've been overloading myself lol..
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I was on them many moons ago Tony for Neuropathic pain, they did make me feel spaced out and I bounced off a few walls in between, they did nothing for my pain so came off them(none of the neuropathic drugs worked)

We are all different and all I can say is take it easy and give them a good try it may take a wee bit of time for them to start working, good luck Tony hope they are the one for you xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Tony, PLEASE treat those fentanyl patches with the utmost respect. They are 80-100 times more powerful than morphine and the risks from overdosing are severe. If you're just out of a warm hydro pool the risks are increased. Please ask your GP or pharmacist for guidelines on how to deal with the hydro situation.

With pregabalin thrown into the mix the drowsiness and lack of concentration can be heightened so please take care and, above all, don't drive until you're sure your body can handle the two meds together.

I do hope you feel better on the change of meds.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Tony hope you get on with the new med.
    Thank you for your good wishes .Migster.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I take gabapentin, a very similar drug. It has helped my neuro pain and other symptoms but it was very rough at the start with side-effects. I persevered with it because I was desperate to have something work, and slowly the side-effects eased. I've taken it for several years now and have increased the dose a little but it has definitely helped. I hope the pregabalin works for you. Fingers crossed....
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony I take pregabalin after gabapentin stop working, I am also on the patches and like SW says please be aware with the warm heat off the water on them it can double the strength..sorry just seen you have taken off the patches when having hydro I have read it all wrong... :?
    Right pregabalin helps me enormously with the back pain, you have to up them slowly ...and they take a while to feel the effects on the pain ..I do hope they help you , pm me if you need any more info...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    'I reckon I've been overloading myself, lol'.

Oh mate, this is not an 'lol' thing at all, far from it. :( Patches deliver a very strong whack but maybe the fact that they are prescribed devalues them in some way?

I am worried. :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope things are a little better. (((()))) Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,936
    Options
    Good luck Tony
    I hope they help your pain,
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thank you all so much. . Really do appreciate the messages.

I will be taking my patches off the night before I have hydro from now. And shall wait until I'm sure it's ok to put another one on. I asked the chemist if there was any way I could put the patches on higher than my shoulder but they have to be on the torso. .
    Please don't be worried DD and Stickyness .. I Really am going to be careful and I will be fine my dears. Xx

I took my first Pregablin last night around seven. I haven't slept so well for a very very long time. .
    Janet kept checking I was still alive cos i didn't move once. Normally I Spend the whole night tossing and turning trying to get comfortable..
    I took my second one with my usual morning dose at about half eight. I am still asleep I think :? :shock: Lol
    I am very drowsy. I will have to be very careful getting used to these and won't drive untili know I'm ok to do so.
    I feel sorry for Janet though. She relies on me for getting around. .

X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Tony you will have to be careful, but it didn't take me long to get used to them,the drowsiness just seemed to disappear, till you up them again..they are a good relaxant ..has I found out when I had my hip replaced..very laid back I was :) ..hope they help you
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    If they're helping that's very good and I hope the drowsiness will abate.

Why not suggest Janet learns to drive? I remember the sense of freedom when I finally learnt once I qualified for Motability. It might be good for both of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Thanks ladies.
    I feel drowsy today still. I will persist with it though. Hopefully it will settle down. I can't believe how well I slept again last night.
    I change my patch this afternoon. I think I will put a 25mcg one on instead of the 50 I have had to use lately. Maybe the Pregablin will help me lower the fentanyl.

Stickiness. . . :shock: are you suggesting there should be another wummun driver on our roads :?: :o:o lol
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP