Fluoroscopic ultra sound Guided Steroid Injection Advice

Options
silkysam
silkysam Member Posts: 113
edited 18. Jan 2015, 11:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
So tired with all the pain of this OA. I have at last had appointment for 7th Feb for the Ultrasound Guided steroid injection in my right hip and am now a bit anxious. As I also suffer with prolapsed discs, this will hopefully establish where my main pain is coming from. Some of the side effects that can occur are a bit alarming so wonder about other sufferers here on the forum feel about the benefits of this procedure. This cold weather is making this even more unbearable and guess we are all in the same boat :? .

Oh well, whinge over :D . Thanks for listening xx

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

I had the US guided injection into my left hip, for bursitis. The whole procedure took about 30 minutes, and yes, it did hurt, but it was worth it. I was told to rest as much as possible for 48 hours, to give the injection the best chance to work it's magic.

I never had any side effects.
  • silkysam
    Options
    Wonderful :). Thanks for getting back so quickly with your experience. Do you have OA in your hip also? I am feeling more upbeat about it already :) Thank so much Therasak
  • silkysam
    Options
    Theresak, did it give you lot of freedom from pain and if so , how long did it last?

Many Thanks xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I have RA,and was having a lot of severe pain in that area - couldn't sit comfortably, lie on that side, put my weight on it etc. The US injection had me much more comfortable and was beneficial for quite some time before the pain returned. I'm hoping I can have another one just to dampen things down.

Tezz x
  • silkysam
    Options
    Thanks Tezz, oh so looking forward to a bit of relief! Car journey's are a nightmare, i am almost becoming a recluse as I can't sit properly. eating out with the family etc :( . Would love to return to a degree of normality. Your experience does give me hope though :). thank you xx
  • elsa56
    elsa56 Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi Silkysam
    I had that injection yesterday and was really dreading it.
    I had hip replacement in December 2013 and have Bursitis an Tendinis in that area.
    The only thing that hurt for about a second was the anastetic injection, after that a weird but not painful feeling.
    So far no bruising or pain just feels a bit stiff today but you need to rest for a couple of days and he told me nothing strenuous for a couple of weeks.
    Good luck and try not to think about
    Elsa
    Xx
  • silkysam
    Options
    Oh Thank you Elsa. Thanks for the reassurance. Hope yours will hurry uo and relieve you of your pain. Keep me posted on your progress. If it means I don't have to take so many pain killers it will be marvelous. Thank goodness for the lovely people on this forum :).

Keep getting better Elsa

xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Remember to ask for pocket duties on 7th if you'd like them. And do let's know how it goes :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • silkysam
    Options
    :):):):) Sticky, Thank you for your warm and very kind thoughts! So wonderful to be on here and share worries etc. Thank you all for making me feel better. I will be sure to ask for pocket duties :) . Looked at my letter and it is the 6th Feb, not 7th as I thought, but will be sure to ask . xx