Back Support Belt

Options
tenbury
tenbury Member Posts: 52
edited 20. Jan 2015, 06:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
I'm thinking of getting one of these as my back keeps going into spasm has anyone else got one.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I apologise :oops: but I cannot remember what form of arthritis ails thee. I do know that what helps one may not help another so I suspect you won't know until you try. If it's not a huge sum of money involved then I reckon it's worth a go because who knows? :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tenbury
    Options
    Hi DD, hope you are well thank you for your reply, I have R.A and Osteo Arthritis and I have trouble walking now although I do try, but I I had a bad experience an few weeks ago when I was out shopping, being only 5ft I reached up to get a top from the rail ( it was quite high up ) and my back arched and my stomach stuck out, I was so embarrassed but I struggled to get out of the shop even though I was walking like a penguin, so this is the reason I am looking at Amazon for something that might prevent this happening again , I don't see the consultant now for 6 months so I have to try and find something suitable myself.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oooooh, both nasty and painful, I am sorry. :( I am used to helping the shorter people of this world to reach things (my husband being one of them) and, despite shrinking myself, I have a crutch to hand which is brilliant for hooking goods towards me. The shelves are stupidly high, aren't they? Whether a support would stop this happening again I don't know. :? I struggle with things on the bottom shelf because I cannot kneel so cheerfully approach strangers and ask them to help out - and they do. Never be afraid to ask for help, people are generally very kind and happy to do so.

Here's a thought, pop into your local chemist if passing, mine has a range of neoprene supports (I don't know about a back one though) and see what the pharmacist can tell you - they are a very good source of useful information and may be able to order something to suit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello tenbury
    I bought one a few years ago, but there are so many on the market, I loved the support it gave my back , only didn't stop it from going on me...they have to be quite tight to be effective so not always comfy..if you have a physio you could ask for there advise on them..
    Love
    Barbara
  • tenbury
    Options
    Thank you so much DD and Barbara, I haven't got a physio but its a good idea to call in the chemist I will do that and let you know how I get on :) again many thanks.