I've had a lovely day.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Jan 2015, 08:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
I don't know how or why it's happened but it has. :) It got off to an inauspicious start with a stab in the tum - :( - but the sun was shining, it was bright albeit very cold, a lovely dog wandered into the garden (later followed by a man I didn't know - another story) but today has been a good 'un despite everything.

They can happen, and I reckon it's worth noting when they do. I have no idea why today turned out to be this way but it has and I hope you enjoy a good day sooner rather than later - we all deserve it, yes? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Definitely worth noting when they happen; glad you had a good day with sun too. Nice! :D
  • Dizzy
    Dizzy Member Posts: 27
    Glad you've had a good day :)
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    So glad to hear this DD, hope you have another tomorrow
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    And not before time. Mig
  • pamela3
    pamela3 Member Posts: 11
    Nice to hear you had a good day.Hope you have a good evening.
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    May you have many more lovely days. Sometimes moments align and all you have to do is enjoy!
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Glad you had a good day - hope more of the same come along.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    So pleased to see you have had a lovely day lets hope there are more notable days to come, xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you, everyone, for your kind replies, I appreciate them. 2013 and 2014 were tough years in many ways (not necessarily arthritis-related) so today stood out because it was so pleasant and such a contrast to my 'norm': this is why I posted because Living With Arthritis does have its better days (or weeks or longer) but those who are living that dream don't bother to post because, having had their fill of support, don't need us who struggle but still try to encourage and help those who are new to this malarkey.

Yup, my lovely day has imploded in fine style but so what? :wink: I care not, it was fun whilst it lasted and that is what matters, yes? I have the memories of a lovely sunny day, a deaf dog, a strange man (whose name is David and I hope to see him again), four eggs from the hens I hear every morning (their owner is Richard and he delivered said eggs having discovered where we are), meeting new and friendly people and generally coping despite everything , so tonight I will go to bed with brighter and positive memories.

Now I have to cope with The Spouse. Did I mention my day had imploded? :wink: DD
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Glad to hear about your good day (shame about the implosion, but isn't there always one!)
    Hope you have many more :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Good :D:D And thank you for sharing it.

We all get used to little unexpected things getting us down but sometimes we need reminding that the little, unexpected things can lift us too. So what if there's payback? It can't take away the pleasure of the day – well, not without our permission.

I am currently luxuriating in a 'normal' Saturday. Last Saturday consisted of Moviprep followed by an endoscopy and colonoscopy. Today's egg and toast was wonderful, washed down with a big mug of tea while watching a little movie of my grandson reading for the first time. Magic! Go on, arthritis – try to take that away.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    I think it all too easy, Sticky, to concentrate on what we can't do rather than what we can; maybe it's a matter of 'redesigning' our sources of pleasure rather than continually harking back to how things used to be. Everyone's lives change as they progress through the stages of life but we have had to deal with that sooner, is all. Yes, my disease limits me in many ways but it hasn't changed the essential me, I can still laugh (and frequently do), I have good friends and am making more, I can still get out and about (OK, it hurts but so what? Not getting out and about also hurts :lol: )

Payback has arrived, my diseases are annoyed with me for having fun yesterday but I thumb my nose at them. Tonight we are going out for a meal, I will drive, and we will have a lovely time - well, he will, I'll be staring somewhat gloomily at a glass of fizzy water. :wink: DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello DD
    I hope you enjoyed your meal its thanks to you Mr DD got there so he enjoyed it as well.
    its a good day because I know you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Hello my lovely, somehow I missed you reply, I am sorry, and your words are so very kind. :oops:

It was a good meal but I had forgotten how salty Chinese food can be! I had a small lager but balanced that with two large pots of green tea which was delicious and they charged us only for one - every little helps. :wink: Because I was driving we then headed for Sainsbury's after because we had run out of rice and he usually needs rice for his Sunday cheffing. There was much grumbling from the passenger seat but when we got there he vanished into the telly and other electronics section, then proceeded to browse the shelves for other cookery things - we were there for around forty-five minutes whereas my plan was to dash in and out. :roll: We then came in and settled down to watch Spiral on BBC4.

It was a lovely evening and I thoroughly enjoyed it, we don't see much of each other during the week (nor when in Sainsbury's :wink: ) so it was lovely to natter about not much.

The weather here today is horrendous - I hope it's better where you are. I send love to both of you. DD

PS A robin has just fallen off the bird feeder due to a huge gust of wind!