Vroom vroom!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 30. Jan 2015, 04:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
I recently found out that I passed my 6 month probation period and it cemented my drive :wink: to purchase a new car. So, last weekend, I retired my beloved old Nissan Micra as she was starting to have some expensive problems. I am now the very proud owner of a brand spankin' shiny new Kia Picanto. Well, I told myself, if you're going to splash out on a new car, might as well go the whole hog. I never knew how much pain my creaky old car seat was causing me until I got a car that adjusts to the perfect angle. The heated seats, well they are just a luxury!

Comments

• As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sounds like a good choice of car, and the heated seats will be your new best friend. I really miss them from my first car!

Well done on passing your 6 month probation period, sounds like a well earned reward to yourself for doing so. I will never forget the aches and pains my first car caused me, my hip and knee would ache on just a short journey but now I have a larger more comfy car I don't usually get driving related aches and pains unless I'm driving a very long distance which is rare.
  • Ladybrown
    Ladybrown Member Posts: 130
    Options
    How fantastic! I distinctly remember the huge increase in comfort when I changed my lovely old micra for a new focus in the scrappage deal a few years ago - now I wish I had heated seats! :lol:
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Well done on passing your probationary period. Have fun in that new car! :D
    Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    :D:D Wonderful! I'm so pleased for you. Yes, seats make a huge difference.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ditching Daisy for Beatrice was one of my better moves in life :) . I am very pleased for you (a brand new car is one of life's biggest treats) but you missed out a very important detail: what colour is it? :wink: DD

PS Vroom is my nickname for my masseuse because she has been done for speeding on more than one occasion.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I am so pleased for you, and I love the idea of heated seats... :D you enjoy x
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Well done you!! I'm very pleased for you - happy motoring.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well done on purchasing a Kia. I also miss heated seats. in fact I miss everything about my old ford fiesta!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Congratulations on passing your probationary period and on your new car.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Congratulations Sophie, happy motoring hope the new car makes a difference xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    So glad you have found a lovely, more comfortable car and many congratulations on passing the probation period!

I'm interested in finding a car with a more forgiving suspension as I have severe c-spine problems with osteoporosis and at the moment dislocated and broken ribs - going out in our Nissan Note I feel like the princess and the pea! Everyone else thinks the car is fine, so it's just me.

We chose the Note as it has quite a high seat so easy to get in and out without hitting your head on the roof of the car.

Can anyone recommend a comfy ride combined with a reasonably high passenger seat? I do have a good cushion from the OT which raises me up a bit. I am on the Motability scheme so will have to make my mind up in the next few weeks.

Hope you are all reasonably comfortable this chilly day.

Thank you,
    Liz
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hi Liz,

I have a Vauxhall Corsa which has comfy seats and is reasonably high off the ground, my hubby has an Astra which has horribly uncomfortable seats that really make hips hurt :? . My old car was a citroen C3...again higher up, good visibility and comfy seats, and the driver seat could be raised/lowered and the angle altered, I rather miss it but it had seen better days when we swapped for a newer car.

It wasn't until I developed RA then associated bursitis that I realised the differences in how comfortable or otherwise car seats are ...wish the designers could live in our world for a few weeks then maybe all seats would be more comfy!!!

Deb x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Kiki the Kia Picanto is black. She was oh so shiny for the best part of 4 days. Then, a mean and horrid lorry dumped some unpleasant looking stuff on her as I whizzed past and she is filthy. :( My bottom is nice and cosy though, so I shan't complain too much about her not-so-black exterior!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How smart! Black is the colour of elegance and sophistication - I wish you and Kiki a long and happy life together. :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Great minds think alike - I too read your first post and thought 'what colour is she?' Kiki sounds magical, I do hope she keeps your bottom warm and your joints relaxed for many years to come. I've never owned a brand new car but I do love the smell of them, nothing you don't deserve with all your hard work and battling. Great news Sophie
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter