Medi- alert card

lynnoot
lynnoot Member Posts: 52
edited 1. Feb 2015, 09:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've been trying to get hold of a medi alert card to show I use Enbrel, but am having no success at all. Have tried health centre, pharmacy at the hospital and Pharmaxo who deliver the Enbrel.

Has anyone managed to get hold of one, and where did you get it from? I realise that in some areas it might be easier to get one.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I was sent one in my user-information packs for Enbrel and humira, the latter (because I am taking it) is in a prominent position in my purse. I never had one for steroids when I was taking them - I suspect these 'little' but very useful details are easily missed. If you have a rheumatology Helpline then leave a message there and hopefully they can sort it out. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I also got a card with my humira welcome pack ! the nurse that came to watch me do my first injection said to carry this with me. My daughter got me an ap for my phone that lists all my medication and health issues on it,can't remember what its called but i will ask her and post it later. Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I've not been on enbrel but I've been on cimzia and I am on humira. Both came with the little cards that DD and mig mentioned. That said, my purse is such a mess, I doubt they'd find it in there. :lol:
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Ask your rheumatology practice nurse.
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Or Arthritis Research produce a Biologic Therapy alert card, I think you can ask for one on their website.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I'm on humira and I was given an alert card by my rheumy nurse when I first started it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I bought myself a medic alert bracelet as no way will I remember my methotrexate booklet all the time. It also takes other NB info.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnoot
    lynnoot Member Posts: 52
    Thank you for all your helpful messages, I'm sure I'll be able to get a card from one of the places suggested.