How long to wait for an MRI?

Options
Loula
Loula Member Posts: 20
edited 2. Feb 2015, 17:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
My appointment with the rheumatologist was in december, she said if the inflammation markers in my blood tests were not cnclusive then id need an MRI. How long to wait for this appointment? Im sore and stiff, however the unbelievable fatigue and constant yawning has gone, no longer falling asleep at every chance.

Ive asked my doctor if theres any thing back but they havent heard anything yet. Im assuming no news is good news but also means i might need the MRI.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am not sure, and also admit to failing to remember your particular circumstances. :oops: What meds are you taking and how many blood tests have you had since you saw the rheumatologist? I was on fortnightly bloods for years and didn't have my first MRI until 2003 (my troubles began in 1997 but began my first DMARD in 2002.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How long is a piece of string? Sorry, but I can't come up with a better answer. Your rheumatology appointment was just before Christmas, as I recall so we're now about 5 - 6 weeks on? Maybe give it another week then check again to see if your GP has heard anything.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright