Oooops!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 6. Feb 2015, 00:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Last Wednesday, I popped my mobile phone in my bag and went to a meeting. When it finished, I got my phone out to make a call and couldn't. It appeared to be broken, the on/off switch wouldn't work and the phone was switched off. I flapped about a bit, managed to find a spare phone to use and then found out I was a due an upgrade anyway. My new phone arrived today and I was struggling to insert the battery due to my arthritic hands. I know, I thought, I'll look at broken phone (same brand but older model) to see how it works. As if by magic, I am messing about with it and the so called broken phone goes on. I examine the entire phone and it appears that the 'broken button' was just a standard part of the phone. It isn't broken, it works fine but I was pressing the wrong button. I've had this phone for TWO years! I also pride myself on being quite technologically minded but clearly not in this instance. Can I blame rheumatoid fog? :D

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Definitely rheumatoid fog unless it was like my phone. The flash hasn't worked for over a year. I decided the bulb must have gone by I did a scheduled software update at the weekend and suddenly it works again...maybe your phone technology skills just needed the same update :)
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I used to pride myself in keeping up with technology but only today did I discover that I could enlarge my text screen by pressing the volume 'up' bit of the button on the side. Yup, had said phone for nearly two years and, thanks to creaky hands, pressed that by accident. :roll:

Right, it's time to 'fess up: I don't know how to back up my 'phone on my 'puter. :oops: (I can hear tjt and others laughing :oops: ) I do my own version by having a hard copy of my contacts and have told myself that I won't miss any pics that I might lose. Once upon a time I could cope but now? Many aspects of life move too fast (unlike me) and my brain no longer has enough plasticity to cope with even tiny innovations. My late Ma couldn't cope with Freeview - now I know why. :(

So, you now have two phones - good luck with that! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    This pot shall not call the kettle black :D I am the only person left in the world who doesn't own a mobile phone. On the rare occasions when I feel the need I borrow Mr SW's. He uses it so rarely that, when attempting to loan it to me yesterday he accidentally got it stuck on a voice mail loop and couldn't get it off again. I got a friend to ring him instead when I needed a lift home :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    When I'm in a flap or feeling rubbish I can end up pressing buttons on different things like mobile or even t.v and think it's not working and when OH comes home I have a tantrum at him and he will press the correct button and I'll calm down and realise the rheumatoid fog had hit me!!
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Definitely rheumatoid fog! I`m afraid I`m not very tech-savvy - my young grandsons know more than me!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I cant blame mine on Rheumatoid fog so am blaming it on Pred fog. Last week when in for my infusion my phone was not making any noises for notifications coming through, I tried settings etc and everything appeared to be on. I saw a lady with the same phone and asked if she had any suggestions it turns out there is a button at the side that turns the ringer etc off it must have caught on something in my bag, Oooooooops :oops: x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Marie, pred fog can be responsible for many things: wrong buttons, loss of glasses and multiple things, forgetting (now what was I saying?)

Sticky, I do not own a mobile phone either. Yay there IS someone else!
    I can't imagine anything worse than a phone ringing in my pocket :x
  • AnnaMilton
    AnnaMilton Member Posts: 44
    Options
    @starbust : Yup, this seems to be case of RA frog. It’s a fact that RA not only affects and leaves our joints disable but also our thinking and concentrating capacity too :oops: . Anyway just wondering now what you’re going do with 2 cellphones :o ?

@SW and boomer : No cellphone of your own? I know many will react with shock and disbelief, but well that’s a big decision and I really appreciate it. Even I am trying to get away from this gadget, more because of my RA and also to beat my addiction (and my toddler’s too – which is more worrying :roll: !!!). My thumbs are no more in agreement to type or roll over screen :( !!! And most important being free from mobile gives me a sensation of real freedom, believe me try it for a day or two :lol: !!!

Anna.