The physio was pleased with me.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 6. Feb 2015, 02:59 in Living with Arthritis archive
There I was at 7.30 this morning, scraping frost and ice off the car and wondering why I had opted for an 8am appointment - ah yes, a guaranteed BB space, that's why. :wink:

I have been doing the exercises designed to stretch my Achilles tendons and improve flexibility in my ankles but, admittedly, not as assiduously as I should. :oops Even so the improvement was marked and she was very happy with me so I am resolved to do better now. The left ankle and big toe is further advanced in flexibility than the right so I need to improve the latter and she has now introduced some balancing work: stand on tip-toe for a count of three and lower, repeat three times aiming to build to ten reps, then standing on one leg for a count of three and repeat on the other side three times, also building to ten. She thought this wouldn't be an option for at least a month but here we are, a fortnight in and things are improving.

I feel vaguely encouraged. I rewarded myself with a medium latte in the coffee shop and now also feel vaguely icky. :) DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done on impressing your physio :D I'm pleased all is going well but...oh I can't resist saying it....maybe for the new exercises you should just enroll in the same ballet class as LV's toddlers :lol: I recall her describing it in a post yesterday. Please may we have the photo of you being a stork on one leg?

Sorry, shouldn't laugh. I've achieved (or, at least, aimed for) some weird physio positions in my time. They do help and I regret none.

Go for it, girl. (I'll buy you the tutu if you'll post a pic.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Well done, DD - always good to impress your physio, it gets you lots of Brownie points!

I remember Achilles exercises well - had to do them for years or I`d not get moving on a morning.

I think a leotard may be better than a tutu.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I don't think anyone would like to see me in either! :lol: I am still feeling the after-effects of this morning's activities (which I'm not helping by doing some ironing :roll: ) but once that's done I can go and rest before the chore of preparing dinner; I might try the tip-toe thing again then, just to gently stretch stuff. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I don't think anyone would like to see me in either! :lol:

All together now - OH yes we would :lol:

Hang on to a radiator or something when you go on tippy toes - preferably one that's securely attached :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Well done DD, that's great progress and I hope it continues. Physio sessions are draining but worthwhile in the long run.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I don't think anyone would like to see me in either! :lol:

All together now - OH yes we would :lol:

And I will supply the tiara.

Well done DD chocolate watch the next time, keep up the good work xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Well done DD. Just shows what exercise can do. Yes we do want a pic of you in your tutu doing an arabesque. :lol:
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    So there I was, peeling spuds and slowly rising to tip-toe then rather more rapidly descending. :wink: I am killing two birds with one stone, both exercises combined thanks to busy hands - efficient or what? :lol:

So, a tiara . . . . OK, it's a deal, as you all know I love my sparkles and twinkles so rob a jewellers, Marie, and send me the ill-gotten gains. 8) DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    good for you DD, its does spur you on when you see some results.. :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Musical spud peeling? Bring it on :D
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That's great news and it does make you more inspired to do the exercises when the physio is pleased with your improvement (especially if you haven't been as committed to the regime as they assume you have been). Keep it up DD!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter