Been for pre op

Options
18amandah
18amandah Member Posts: 34
edited 5. Feb 2015, 13:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I went for my pre op this afternoon, I am glad to be back home. Have a horrid tension headache This Anxiety is awful, plus I think I have got a Bladder infection .I have had my second cold /virus since christmas, so feel really run down. Off to see the GP next week.Feel weepy and shaky. Does anyone have cold legs & feet with arthritis. I am moving around, when ever I can. regards Amandah

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope you feel relieved that this hurdle is over and done and that you were reassured by what you were told today. I suspect that many on here are struggling with the cold, unlike last winter this one is doing the proper weather: I enjoy the cold and bright days even if my OA doesn't.

This is a peak time of year for sniffles and snuffles so ensure you keep your hand hygiene at a high level, especially when out and about - I keep a large hand gel in my car and a small one (plus anti-bac wipes) in whichever bag I have with me. I went to physio today and failed to find one hospital hand gel which was working, I would have thought that would be checked at least twice daily but maybe it meant that everyone is using it.

Bladder infections can be very nasty and painful so I hope you don't have one. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Amandah
    So glad that part is over with for you , it is drawn out..hope you can get rid of the nasty infection in time for your op...good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Well done on getting the pre-op sorted. That's another hurdle out of the way.

I do hope you haven't got a bladder infection but, if you have, maybe see the doc this week rather than next. get plenty of Vitamin C down you to help with colds and wash your hands regularly. There's no knowing what we pick up from everything we touch.

I expect most people have cold everything right now. When I'm out in the wheelchair in these temperatures I use a pair of leg-warmers under my trousers.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright