blood tests

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 6. Feb 2015, 07:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Some of you might remember that i had a ra review with my gp ,he's the one that got me into the physio,i had a full range of blood tests wednesday last week the receptionist called to say the doctor wanted a repeat blood tests done as my liver test was abnormal ,i had the repeat test on monday the receptionist called to say it was still abnormal and made a app for a phone consult with the doctor he's just called to say though it is better than the first one it could still be better and could i have a repeat test done in 4weeks,I'm pleased that he's being careful but i got a bit worried in case the humira was failing,i don't go back to see the consultant till may i don't feel that I'm suffering any more than usual so hopefully it was just a blip.
I keep doing the exercises and my back is slowly getting better.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, seeing as how it's impossible to define normal let's have a crack at defining abnormal, yes? :wink: Rheumatologists and GPs vary widely in what is acceptable or not: from my experience GPs get antsy over things that rheumatology regard as normal: I was concerned when rheumatology rang me when I was on holiday (I had told them where I was going) with an appointment at a local GPs surgery. I have lost count of the repeat bloods demanded by my GPs (which perturbed rheumatology not one jot). I think it reassuring that the timescale is a month, but, if you have the figures, it may be worth your getting in touch with your rheumatology department for some clarification. DD

PS I am pleased that your back exercises are helping matters, that is indeed a good thing.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    It could also be the time the bloods have been sitting in the surgery before they go to the lab, I have had quite a few repeat bloods for one thing and another even last week for my MCV third time lucky and it was fine, lets hope its just a blip mig. Glad your back is feeling better just in time for your holiday. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Try not to worry Mig..easier said than done I know, but my kidney readings are up and down...so hopefully like you say its just a blip..and yes you have a good GP there..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello Mig,

Does not your consultant require a disease activity level test to
    help decide whether or not to keep you on humira?
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Yes ichabod rheumy does see all my results as she has access to my medical records if there was anything wrong it would flag up and they would call,i have a really good rheumatology team,i have bloods done 7-10 days before app ,my gp gets a letter with all my results on and i get a copy,i last saw rheumy in november she was very pleased with my results so much so that she said she would see me once a year if she was allowed but people on anti tnfs have to be seen every 6months,my gp is very new to the practice and is quite a young man who i think is being very thorough all to my benefit.
    Hope you are doing ok . Mig
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Hello Mig,
    It's good to know you are happy with your treatment.
    I'm not doing too bad for an old dodger, thanks.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Here's hoping it is just a blip - as DD says, consultants and GPs can often vary in their view of normal. Might it be worth calling your Rheumy helpline and asking for their view?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm backing the blip. Hope so, anyway. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright