POCKET DUTIES PLEASE

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 9. Feb 2015, 15:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
On Monday I have an appointment with the orthopaedic consultant. It's to do with the fracture I have......13 months ago now.
Last time he decided I was coping with life on crutches well but it was time to start hitting the pain......just for the fracture....not anything else like OA or scoliosis :lol:
Anyway he gave me a cortisone injection and it worked. :o
I was surprised.....I've had other injections mostly in my back and they didn't work.
Anyway my apt is pm on Monday. Hopefully I will get another one?? this one is starting to wear off a bit now.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Count me in! Good luck
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'll be there too - having another injection depends on how long since you had the last. Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I will be away but I will be thinking of you. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    All the best, Hileena. Hope you get a good result.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options
    I'd happily slide into your pocket hileena, but I've got an appointment with my rheumy nurse on Monday, so will be a bit busy. Hope you get another injection and that it works as well as the last one. :)

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Count me in Hileena - hope it goes well for you.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thank you all for your replies.
    It does mean a lot
    DD its almost months since the last one

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Pop me in too, hope you are able to have a top up.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Almost months? :wink: I know I should remember when you had that done but, being somewhat under the winter arthritic cosh, I cannot. :oops: My hospital has always held the view that within twelve weeks (based on our desire) was a no-no but they would happily move the goal posts if they deemed it necessary, so who knows? I am still struggling with the fact that you fracture is now a year old . . . . . :( DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I keep forgetting the FOUR on my keyboard doesn't always work and when I don't check what I've typed I don't notice... :wink:
    Sorry almost FOUR months.
    It's typical appointments dept. messing things up
    I got a letter ages ago saying to come on the 23rd of this month so I assumed that I would get another injection then.....the last one he said if it works I'll give you another one.
    OK........Then a week ago I got a phone message from the hospital {automated} re you???, you have an appointment for the 9th Feb etc etc press 1 if you are attending
    I pressed one without thinking ...then thought...did she say the 9th?? :?
    I rang the appointments and she confirmed the 9th then she said Oh I've got another one for the 23rd :?:
    So it ended up with her saying come on the 9th and when you come ask if he still wants to see you on the 23 as well :?
    So who knows....he may see me on the 9th and then have me come back for the injection on 23rd.
    We'll see.
    I know it will be a while before you see this....bet your sitting glued to the TV watching Wales v England :lol:
    I stopped typing this when the Welsh National anthem came on.....it makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.....the anthem and the way the Welsh sing it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Count me in Hileena..and I hope its works even better than the other one... :) will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in Hileena xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry I'm late coming in but count me in!! :)
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks again everyone....the appointment is 4pm so I'll post tonight or tomorrow....depends what time I get home at :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well I've seen the consultant and no injection!!!

His last letter said that if it was helping and I came back he would do it again.
    Because its helping and I had no pain in that particular part at that particular time he said no.

I tend to get that pain {not the arthritis or scoliosis} during the night at the minute.......wakens me up but not as much as before the injection.

Anyway he has put on my notes that if I ring up for an appointment I'm to be given one asap and if I have any problems get through to his secretary.
    But to wait until it is sore during the day and make a mark where I have the pain???? Then make an appointment.
    Oh well.....I'm going away for a short holiday {not Venice}LOL
    to the Peak District.....23rd March......it might work to my advantage to have it closer to that time :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I hope so. I expect he's delaying the injection because there's a limit to both how many we can have at any one time and also how effective they are. We do tend to get used to them so's they're not as effective.

Anyway, I know you'll soldier on and you do have the option if needed....
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi SW
    Stopped trying to type Sticky.....you know what it turns out as :lol:
    Yes I have the option. So that is good but better if I can leave it for a while.
    Oh yes....he said you saw the pain clinic and he changed your meds. I said yes I did and no they didn't
    He showed me the letter from pain clinic to GP which said that if I needed the codeine changed to stronger meds we wouldn't think that unreasonable....eg Morphine.
    I got the copy letter so I knew that, but the GP didn't mention that???????
    At least I knew I had the choice and could ask {because of the copy letter} but you would think they would have mentioned it.
    I wouldn't have taken it anyway but that's not the point :lol:
    Sorry a bit off topic :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Hileena glad you can ring up when needed, there aren't many consultants give you this option.. hope it holds off for you..
    Love
    Barbara