PIP Success!!! Keep fighting x

gemmarh100
gemmarh100 Member Posts: 73
:D

I have been awarded Standard rate PIP for both parts, I am so happy. Due to RA, and only working 2 days/week I have been really struggling with money....then a letter through the post to say I have been accepted into PIP and backdated payments from June 2014 :)

I know I am one of the lucky ones, as I have had support through the process and had a really nice lady for my medical assessment. I just wanted to tell people who are still going through the process - keep fighting for what you deserve!!

I have my ESA assessment next week which I am still worried about, but feeling a bit more positive having PIP behind me, awarded until 2019. Hope this gives people some hope :)

Take Care,

Gem x

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done, that's great news, I have my assessment coming up in a couple of weeks so any advice would be most welcome. I'm struggling with working full-time in a demanding job, and have a feeling when I see HR and OH next they will reccomend reduced hours so like you the money would really make a difference.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Chazmoore
    Chazmoore Member Posts: 12
    Hi congrats on getting PIP. I just wanted to ask how long it takes from sending in the forms until you hear you''ve been awarded the benefit? Many thanks
  • gemmarh100
    Slosh, what do you do for work? I am a Nursery Nurse and running around after kids 2-days a week is enough for me, lol... :lol:

Hi Chazmoore, I applied for PIP over the phone in June, sent forms back in July and awarded payment in January, so took about 6 months for me, but I know other people who have had quicker and slower experiences. Think it's partly luck, where you live, different claims etc.....

Stay strong everyone, :)

Gem X
  • Slosh
    I am an Assistant Head/Inclusion manager in a large East london primary school, so although I have no running about, just as well as I use crutches, I have a dedemanding job in terms of SEND/CP/attendance/medical issues etc and I line manage about 20 members of staff. My main curent work problem is not just pain but extreme fatigue which causes memory problems such as word finding difficulties and problems puting words into sentences that make sense

I sent back my application mid August and have my assessment on 23rd February.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • gemmarh100
    Seems like yours took around the same time Slosh, I got a letter only 6 days after my assessment (to say I was awarded PIP) and that was including the weekend, so at least that bit was quick :lol:

I understand the fatigue bit, I don't have such a stressful job as you, but I do have to do a lot of paperwork and observations, which I find hard to think for a long time. This disease seems to just take over every part of me sometimes :roll:

I'm very lucky to have a supportive work-place, it's the best thing I've done (for my health) reducing my hours. I love my job and would be there 24/7 if I could, lol, just my body says no. TUT TUT.

Hope all goes well with your assessment Slosh ;)

Gem X
  • Slosh
    Like you I love my job and get frustrated by my limitations but I also have a very supportive Headteacher. Have you had an access to work assessment? I had one which was helpful at least in terms of the pain I get as a result of, and my coordination difficulties when using the computer and getting me some assistive technology. I've now just been referred back to OH and also to HR so need to contact my union. Ho hum! Your job is very full on in terms of activity, I used to teach in Reception and know how demanding, though lovely, children are at that age and how valuable Nursery Nurses are!
    Julian of Norwich