Chiropractic and OsteoArthritis

Options
silkysam
silkysam Member Posts: 113
edited 8. Feb 2015, 14:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Please can anyone tell me if they have received Chiropractic for OA in Hip or spine, and if so, what was the result ? Thank you for any info. :)

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have OA in my neck and was advised against this by my GP, his view was that it was of dubious effectiveness, and I would be told I needed a course of 12 expensive sessions! He reccomended physio instead.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I haven't had this ,but I do know you must check out the reviews of whoever is doing this, it can and does go wrong.but when done by experts can be very beneficial, especially with backs...usually the best ones are at sports clinics..
    Love
    Barbara
  • silkysam
    Options
    Thanks both. It's just that I read an article online the other day which suggested that Chiropractic may offer relief.It is always good to get a valuable response. Thank you for your advice :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It may offer 'relief' but not much else. The meds offer relief, acupuncture offers relief, topical gels offer relief but relief does not last as we would wish. My late Pa (who did not have any form of arthritis but had the occasional slipped disc) was very grateful for the work of his chiro, but then he had the luxury of his temporary pain being dismissed for a goodly length of time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • silkysam
    Options
    Thanks DD :). I also have two prolapsed discs so even if it allows me a few days pain free I would be so grateful. The meds make me so fuzzy-headed and so lethargic. I will look for a registered Chiropractor ;also as suggested ask my GP his opinion. Thanks again everyone xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I know that there is a sounder medical evidence and basis for osteopathy.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich