S'not fair!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 15. Feb 2015, 16:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is my long awaited week off work and I am sitting here in my PJs, surrounded by a pile of tissues with a big cup of chicken soup. <sniffs> My joints have twigged that something is amiss, so they are throwing a massive tantrum too. Not to be left out, after a very good few weeks with my stomach condition, I am now a one woman vomiting machine. :? However, as you may well know, I'm not one to be defeated. I am hanging in there because I am going on holiday in April to stay with family for some TLC, so hopefully, the excitement about that will keep my spirits up.

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no! I hope you start to feel better soon - how dare it happen on your week off!!

Chicken soup was my mother's cure-all when we were poorly. A nice soft-boiled egg was always her Plan B.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    No, you're absolutely right – 'snot. I / we always found, when teaching, that we somehow managed to stay just healthy enough until the holidays then wham!

You deserve better, Sophie, but arthritis cares not one jot and the meds just usher in the nasties like good hosts. You also have the stomach problems – exactly what is not needed in such circumstances.

Be gentle with yourself and keep focusing on that holiday.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    No it's not! And not what you deserve either. Just keep looking after yourself and I hope you start to feel better soon
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    You are like me Sophie I used to always take ill on my days off :roll: hopefully the excitement of the holiday will help you on the road to recovery quicker (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh, miserable. :( I reckon the arthritis knows when we're taking things easy so it comes out to play, a little like this. g035.gif I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh no, I always used to end up poorly as soon as my holidays began, less so now I only work half a week. Take care, keep the chicken soup flowing and feel better soon ((((()))))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    Options
    How's stuff today? Which triumphed, the chicken soup or the vomiting? The former, I hope.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Sophie, how are you getting on? I hope you are on the mend and able to get out and about in Kiki. DD
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh Sophie not you as well!! This bug is getting around, hope it clears off soon to give you a long weekend free at least! :(
  • stickywicket
    Options
    (((())))
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I echo Sticky's post. DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. I am feeling a bit more human and having a nice day out in London tomorrow. I'm well rested if nothing else!
  • Slosh
    Options
    Glad to hear you are on the mend but make sure you don't overdo things tomorrow.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hope you had a good weekend and enjoyed your day out yesterday
    Julian of Norwich